IGNORED

player stats against Hull from Sunday people newspaper

Never to the dark side

2 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Sykes 7 is generous though he was quite wasteful in possession

I thought he was really good again yesterday.  I think we put a lot of emphasis in our critique on poor final ball (I agree we should btw), but it is also the hardest thing (bar scoring) to execute.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I was surprised by the 6 given to the Hull #10 LW Malcolm Ebiowei who I thought looked their danger man. I was pleased when he was subbed early in the second half. 

He was tricky with the ball, but atrocious defensively.  Gave Greaves little to no support, and we created lots down his side for the best part of the hour he was on.

There was a bit of clamour for him on the transfer sub-forum last season / summer because of Derby’s predicament.  Mehmeti on early showings looks both more exciting and more rounded overall.

I really like Longman, the h-t sub.  If we weren’t sorted for wide forwards / wingers he’d be high up my list.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, glastored said:

Certainly spot on with Matty James. He was brilliant throughout. To think there were many people slagging him off when he joined us, along with King.

Not many saying that now!

I liked the look of him as soon as he signed, but I'll fully admit to thinking that he was done after his injury last season.  Really looked as though his legs had gone when he returned.  Delighted that he's managed to regain full fitness as he's a massive player for us right now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I thought he was really good again yesterday.  I think we put a lot of emphasis in our critique on poor final ball (I agree we should btw), but it is also the hardest thing (bar scoring) to execute.

The first touch and the final ball is the only thing that matters

every thing between the two counts for nothing

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

The first touch and the final ball is the only thing that matters

every thing between the two counts for nothing

Wow. I get what you are trying to say, however You have to make the time and space to pass. Some need more than others obviously, nevertheless if you ignore those bits, then I would suggest the only thing that counts is goals.