IGNORED

Season ticket advice

Stockwood gate

I took my wife to the Hull game which she enjoyed so phoned up to enquire about getting here a half season ticket for the last 5 homes games I sit in S18 which are not for public sale , they could unlock a seat next to mine for a price of £207 for 5 games in the south stand £40 per game , I don’t mind paying £100 ish £20 per game even with the guarantee off a new season ticket holder next season they won’t budge on £207

55 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

I took my wife to the Hull game which she enjoyed so phoned up to enquire about getting here a half season ticket for the last 5 homes games I sit in S18 which are not for public sale , they could unlock a seat next to mine for a price of £207 for 5 games in the south stand £40 per game , I don’t mind paying £100 ish £20 per game even with the guarantee off a new season ticket holder next season they won’t budge on £207

Be careful. In 1988, my future wife said she wanted to go to AG with me. I steadfastly refused but she kept on (and on and on) so I finally gave in and took her to watch what proved to be an utterly boring, dreary 0-0 draw on one of the coldest, wettest Tuesday nights in Christendom. She loved it and has had a season ticket ever since! It’s cost a fortune!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Stockwood gate said:

You get the discount for buying in bulk. If you're not buying in bulk why should they give you the reduced price?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

But it’s the south stand £25 a game 5 left £125 , not £40 a game they have quoted I was more than happy to pay £140 ish as they have cost of producing a season ticket 

Just buy 5x tickets, in the same seats. All remaining games are on sale now right?

18 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Be careful. In 1988, my future wife said she wanted to go to AG with me. I steadfastly refused but she kept on (and on and on) so I finally gave in and took her to watch what proved to be an utterly boring, dreary 0-0 draw on one of the coldest, wettest Tuesday nights in Christendom. She loved it and has had a season ticket ever since! It’s cost a fortune!

I’d suggest that the AG bit was your fatal mistake. 

I took Mrs ID to an away game. Cambridge. Also a boring 0-0. And the coach broke down on the way home. Never been since. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

I’d suggest that the AG bit was your fatal mistake. 

I took Mrs ID to an away game. Cambridge. Also a boring 0-0. And the coach broke down on the way home. Never been since. 

When I met Mrs Maaan, an early conversation went something like ..

Me "do you like football?" 

Her " no"

?

and she's moaned about me going AWOL every Saturday/Tuesday/Wednesday ever since, and hates it all the ore for it. :city:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stockwood gate said:

But it’s the south stand £25 a game 5 left £125 , not £40 a game they have quoted I was more than happy to pay £140 ish as they have cost of producing a season ticket 

The thing is we either have 'full season tickets', or 'half season tickets'. We don't have a ticket for '5 games that I fancy'. 

To get the discount you are looking for you have to buy in bulk as someone has said and you have to pay months and months in advance in the case of a full ST.

I guess it could be something the club might offer in future, a block of 6 games for example, but they would need to ensure full ST holders get the best deal. They have a good alternative with the membership scheme so probably have less frequent fans covered already

• Like 2