IGNORED

Rugby lines on the BCFC pitch…

Davefevs

So not sent off judging by replies. Yes Ref showing some good common sense, butI'd love to hear that conversation with the assessor or PGMOLXYZ or whatever it is. It is a sending off offence and the Ref could be having difficult conversations at Referees House

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

So not sent off judging by replies. Yes Ref showing some good common sense, butI'd love to hear that conversation with the assessor or PGMOLXYZ or whatever it is. It is a sending off offence and the Ref could be having difficult conversations at Referees House

Not sure it is a sending off offence? Deliberate hand ball is a yellow card, and he wasn't denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

So not entirely sure what offence he has committed that deserves a red. Happy to be educated. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TomF said:

It’s end of life and needs completely redoing in summer.

Looks shocking. I noticed the players in the first 15 minutes had an issue where they were slipping on the surface as well. Why was so much water pumped onto the pitch prior to kick off.

8 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

It helps us pass the ball and it helps us against long ball teams as anything over the top will skip through to the keeper/out of play. 

The way injuries are at the moment I think that much water on the surface is a recipe for disaster.

2 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

In terms of passing, yes. The difference a dry pitch makes to the weight of pass required to stop an attacker nipping in is an under appreciated aspect of football, I'd say. 

Don't think it had anything to do with the watering anyway, personally. It just looks like it's starting to cut up a bit. 

And with Wells and Bell we’ve gotten t players who can do that nipping in?!

I had the same thought yesterday about the pitch: there are areas that are starting to look a bit untidy and it’s almost like bits come out of it.