IGNORED

Football is religion, Banksys, Bristol City, art

lost black rat

2 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

If Bristol City's a "religion," what are we - Church of Engerland? 

Seeing as just under half the UK population of the last census identified as Christian (I’m aware there’s more than one branch of that lot, by the way), so that’s around 27.5m, I’d say having that many followers was more the sort of claim that Rovers would falsely make.

Buddhism or Judaism seem more “us”, both circa 250,000 & probably like us they don’t all actually tip up at the temple or synagogue but loads watch online, via some dodgy stream, I expect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I had the misfortune of knowing the baron, right back when he collaborated his artwork with Jimmy the crusader, I wont go into it, but things didn't end well for the baron, and I don't think you will see his artwork around BS3 in the foreseeable future 

Why post this if you don't plan on elaborating ?

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Seeing as just under half the UK population of the last census identified as Christian (I’m aware there’s more than one branch of that lot, by the way), so that’s around 27.5m, I’d say having that many followers was more the sort of claim that Rovers would falsely make.

Buddhism or Judaism seem more “us”, both circa 250,000 & probably like us they don’t all actually tip up at the temple or synagogue but loads watch online, via some dodgy stream, I expect.

Given the amount of alcohol consumed by City fans I doubt we'll be embracing Buddhism. 

6 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I had the misfortune of knowing the baron, right back when he collaborated his artwork with Jimmy the crusader, I wont go into it, but things didn't end well for the baron, and I don't think you will see his artwork around BS3 in the foreseeable future 

Why did De Baron always date his work in the future?

• Like 1

I've no idea why he time stamped his art, but one of the barons more unfortunate escapades was putting notes in people's milk bottles for bacon eggs lemonade etc, his flat was like pilkintons glass factory I heard, police went around his gaff he was surrounded by milkman paraphernalia roughly three years worth, and he still denied everything!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I’d say having that many followers was more the sort of claim that Rovers would falsely make.

This is a genuine claim for Corinthians over in Brazil. They have more than 30million registered fans, and a whole lot more unregistered.

Nike did a campaign for them around this fact. They realised that the population of Corinthian fans was bigger than that of 150+ countries, so they created a new nation - Republica Popular do Corinthians. Well worth watching if you have 3 minutes: 

13 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Loved Da Baron’s work. There was a textbook example by my old gaff on Palmyra and he once did a huge piece along the walkway on Gaol Ferry Bridge. Not to mention the classic “Lewis the Bad Off Baron” when he really was at the peak of his powers. 

BS3 legend 

What’s the story on Lewis Da Baron? Remember seeing his name everywhere back in the day. Who was he? Why did he stop?