IGNORED

CL Draw

Super

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

When was the last Italian winner? Have to be chances with 3 in the one half of the draw

Think Inter won it in 2010. Think it's been a while since they had 3 in the QF's

1 minute ago, WWred said:

Couldn't have been a better draw IMO

One of the Italian sides or Benfica to make the final!

Def Fancy Napoli to reach the final.

• Like 1

Very happy with that draw. Don't care about our 'English' sides much, especially the two who are left in it.

Glad to see a resurgence from Italian Football. Would love a Milan derby for a semi final, that would be unreal, but equally I would love to see Napoli go all the way, they're one hell of a team at the moment.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Very happy with that draw. Don't care about our 'English' sides much, especially the two who are left in it.

Glad to see a resurgence from Italian Football. Would love a Milan derby for a semi final, that would be unreal, but equally I would love to see Napoli go all the way, they're one hell of a team at the moment.

The San siro deserves one more champions Derby before it goes. I wanted it to be in this round.  If that came to be, would try very hard to go.

• Like 1

Interesting draw. Chelsea could consider themselves very hard done by against Madrid last time, but they’re absolute pony this season (though picking back up?)

City v Bayern is a very tough draw for both. 

Napoli will go through their tie and I suspect will be in the final.  No idea on Benfica or Inter. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Interesting draw. Chelsea could consider themselves very hard done by against Madrid last time, but they’re absolute pony this season (though picking back up?)

City v Bayern is a very tough draw for both. 

Napoli will go through their tie and I suspect will be in the final.  No idea on Benfica or Inter. 

I don't think you can rule out Chelsea in the CL. The last two times they've won it has been in testing circumstances shall we say. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In one of the less heralded ties, I fancy Benfica to make the semi finals. Think they could have enough v Inter...they've been very good this season in the CL although losing Enzo Fernandez a blow.

I hope so, my "other side" has been amazing this season even if fate has contrived to ensure almost all their games have been on the same night City have been playing :(. It's not even close to the best Benfica side on paper in the Champions League era, but the Dutch manager Roger Schmidt appears to be a genius and their side of the draw has opened up.

One quirk of this campaign that is getting coverage only in the Portuguese media but seems ridiculous to me - Portugal is going to lose a CL place after this season to Schmidt's Netherlands as according to UEFA coefficients, Dutch teams racking up wins last season and this against minnows in the new Europa Conference league counts just as much.

Benfica won a CL group that included both Juventus (beat home and away) and PSG and is now into the QFs, Sporting just beat Arsenal, Porto also made it to the last 16 of the CL from a group with Atletico Madrid, but because AZ Alkmaar beat Liechtenstein and Ukrainian teams twice and a Cypriot side once (losing the other time) apparently that's better. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Olé said:

I hope so, my "other side" has been amazing this season even if fate has contrived to ensure almost all their games have been on the same night City have been playing :(. It's not even close to the best Benfica side on paper in the Champions League era, but the Dutch manager Roger Schmidt appears to be a genius and their side of the draw has opened up.

One quirk of this campaign that is getting coverage only in the Portuguese media but seems ridiculous to me - Portugal is going to lose a CL place after this season to Schmidt's Netherlands as according to UEFA coefficients, Dutch teams racking up wins last season and this against minnows in the new Europa Conference league counts just as much.

Benfica won a CL group that included both Juventus (beat home and away) and PSG and is now into the QFs, Sporting just beat Arsenal, Porto also made it to the last 16 of the CL from a group with Atletico Madrid, but because AZ Alkmaar beat Liechtenstein and Ukrainian teams twice and a Cypriot side once (losing the other time) apparently that's better. 

Be great to see them in the final Rob, would make a nice change from the usual clubs. I guess getting a ticket would be nigh on impossible?

• Like 1