IGNORED

Who will play for England at Euro 2024?

ForeverRed

Seems ambitious for him to be in the conversation for next summer, don't think that's realistic, given the established talent in similar areas and reluctance (seemingly) for Gareth to deviate too much from what he knows.

However, it's a big compliment to him to be talked about in that sort of sphere.

It just goes to show that it's not just us looking at him through rose tinted specs, he really is as good as we think. He has stuff to work on, I think his shooting needs a bit more beef to it, and I would like to see him taking charge of direct free kicks more, but he is an outstanding talent and is outgrowing us rapidly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

Seems ambitious for him to be in the conversation for next summer, don't think that's realistic, given the established talent in similar areas and reluctance (seemingly) for Gareth to deviate too much from what he knows.

However, it's a big compliment to him to be talked about in that sort of sphere.

I think so too with the World Cup in 26 more realistic, but what a talent we have on our hands if he's already being touted as a possible contender.

Might sneak in as a wildcard!! 

37 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I went for Pope, Shaw and Guehi over Ramsdale, Chilwell and Tomori but otherwise that was my team.

My reaction looking through that list is that we urgently need a centre-back to start impressing from somewhere...

Centre-half is my concern as well. I almost put Maguire in (who I think gets a harsh deal) but Stones is our only top level CB. 

I considered Pope but I need to see him overcome his jitters following his handball against Liverpool. He's made two more errors since that he was lucky weren't more catastrophic.

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Centre-half is my concern as well. I almost put Maguire in (who I think gets a harsh deal) but Stones is our only top level CB. 

I considered Pope but I need to see him overcome his jitters following his handball against Liverpool. He's made two more errors since that he was lucky weren't more catastrophic.

Pope now out of the team injured too, replaced by Fraser Forster.

Rashford and Mount out too, though Mount was always a doubt

image.png.c1d3adc07082a8bcce028eec0ebc5b2e.png

Admittedly that's based on Chilwell's pre injury form and hoping he gets back to his best - otherwise it's Shaw obviously

I think white deserves a place, he's played there all season for Arsenal and has an understanding with Saka. It just makes sense to me - and Walker / James haven't been better than him. Could make the same argument for Shaw on the other side tbf.

Midfield and Attackers pick themselves for me at the moment (based on England form)