IGNORED

Tonight`s games

Lanterne Rouge

Someone on here said a few weeks ago that Barnsley were on the charge & so I pointed out they had a tough fixture list coming up (Plymouth, Wycombe away & Sheff Wed) so wouldn’t keep up the pace, shows how little I know..

On a remarkable run, had they not been denied a blatant penalty over the river tonight would have made it 9 wins on the trot if they stay ahead.

42 minutes ago, 77 punk said:

looking at the table that has to be the strongest top six teams i have seen in that division,who gets automatic and who wins at wembley is anyones.

Wouldn’t fancy trying to get out of it ourselves! Strangely I think Barnsley might sneak up in the autos with Sheff W, and annoyingly could see Derby scraping through the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Anyone but Ipswich will do me.

Anyone but Ipswich and Derby and Wednesday…

…and Barnsley, because I want Andersen!!

I watched it from about 40 mins onwards.  Frantic.  Wednesday just hit direct balls to Gregory and Smith who are a right handful.  And then from set pieces, Flint joins them.  Good quality on the delivery, not just Bannan.

Not an easy night for Andersen, nor Kitching (another player mentioned as a possible).  Often having to go backwards to make headers / challenges, due to the quality of the ball in.  Bobby Thomas, on loan from Burnley, was at Gas last season, stood up well also.  And Cundy came on to good effect late on to help see out the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 77 punk said:

looking at the table that has to be the strongest top six teams i have seen in that division,who gets automatic and who wins at wembley is anyones.

Certainly some big clubs down in League 1 these days, Charlton and Portsmouth also just below the top 6 places aswell.. Would be a very tough league to get out of IMO!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Local football results

Somerset premier cup semi finals

Frome 1 Bath 2

Bridgwater 0 Paulton 1

City beat Cirencester 2-1 in the Gloucestershire version (team sheet below)

City won 2-1. Cirencester went one up in 35 seconds, City won it in the 92nd minute.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

City won 2-1. Cirencester went one up in 35 seconds, City won it in the 92nd minute.

Played for 20mins with nine men after a City player was sin binned.

Cracking goal for the winner apparently, don’t know if it was being filmed, may see it later on the OS?

1 minute ago, Countryfile said:

Played for 20mins with nine men after a City player was sin binned.

Cracking goal for the winner apparently, don’t know if it was being filmed, may see it later on the OS?

I saw there was a sin bin, is this some sort of trial of the idea? How did that take us to 9?

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I saw there was a sin bin, is this some sort of trial of the idea? How did that take us to 9?

Straight red for city player in the first half, sin bin sounds a good idea for players abusing referee, or scuffing the penalty spot, yellow cards are pretty ineffective these days and don’t really punish the offender unless they then get another in the game and many referees allow more leeway to players who have already received a yellow in my opinion.