IGNORED

Team for Watford

OliOTIB

Going by how he looked on Monday and the fact he now plays in midfield, I think Naismith needs a bit more time before starting. So make him sub again but hope to get him on at least for 30 minutes. Kalas if fit could start as his position at c/h doesn't require quite so much running about. He might have to come off if flagging towards the end of the game. That would reluctantly mean DaSilva dropping to the bench. With regard to bringing Scott in, how can we leave him out unless to protect him from injury. I would bring Scott back and leave Weiman out. But with these additional players back  we can rotate a bit.

• Hmmm 2

The only one of the three mentioned who has any prospect of starting is Scott, and that’s dependant on whether we’re wrapping him in cotton wool until the summer. Kal could only get 30 minutes max Monday so starting seems a stretch, and Kalas will similarly be eased back in.

With a game Tuesday (and a tough one) as well we will need to rotate the CM at least one game, and King - although good - was looking leggy around the hour on Monday. Scott will come back in for him IMO, but I wouldn’t like to guess at the front three!

I wouldn’t be bothered if Scott doesn’t play in this or any other of our remaining games, apart from a cameo appearance in the last game.

if he is leaving in the summer his transfer fee coffers effects what happens regarding new players for next season, I wouldn’t want to jeopardise that.

• Thanks 1

Broken record time from me - if Scott is fit I think he’ll play.  Why wrap him up in cotton wool and then gets injured for Eng u20s at the WC.

If he is sold, I don’t think we will pushing for a May sale like Lloyd Kelly.  He himself has said he’ll assess in the summer, and suspect he is focussed on getting minutes ahead of the WC so he goes in match sharp.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, fanjita said:

I wouldn’t be bothered if Scott doesn’t play in this or any other of our remaining games, apart from a cameo appearance in the last game.

if he is leaving in the summer his transfer fee coffers effects what happens regarding new players for next season, I wouldn’t want to jeopardise that.

My gut tells me the other AS sale, Semenyo, has positioned this summer’s early business.  Then a case of wait and see we Scott.

• Like 4

Assuming 4 at the back;

_________________O'Leary

Tanner_____Vyner_____Pring_____Dasilva

____________King______James

________________Scott

Wells_________Cornick_________Mehmeti

Sub minutes for Naismith, Conway, Bell, Kalas (if ready)

All about performance now, result now secondary.

• Hmmm 2