IGNORED

FA to take NO action against Constantine Hatzidakis

4 hours ago, Cowshed said:

It is not a double standard. You will not find a standard where officials get into players personal space, grab them, insult them etc. This is a standard of the players.

It's still double standards if a player gets punished for something a ref doesn't.

If I walked down the street and elbowed someone because they touched me on the shoulder would that be OK?

2 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

It's still double standards if a player gets punished for something a ref doesn't.

If I walked down the street and elbowed someone because they touched me on the shoulder would that be OK?

I’m not really sure he elbowed Robertson, rather he shrugged him away (with his elbow).

He didn’t connect with the crook of his elbow, more like his forearm.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

No. But if you simply shrugged them off as the assistant referee did then you'd be well within your rights. 

7 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

These are Liverpool players in the same game. The officials do not behave in this manner.

In reply to your question you removed the context. Nobody is going to challenge you and attempt to grab you in the street in a kit and shin pads. It is not a parallel. 

6 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

These are Liverpool players in the same game. The officials do not behave in this manner.

In reply to your question you removed the context. Nobody is going to challenge you and attempt to grab you in the street in a kit and shin pads. It is not a parallel. 

Those pictures not one of them is using an elbow. Do I think they need to clamp down on players going at officials? 100% yes.

Am I glad the ref didn't get punished? Also yes

But do I think if a player had done the same he would have been punished ? Again yes.

My point is officials are not only there to officiate but also set standards. What pisses me off is that players get pulled up on the most ridiculous little thing and would have definitely been done for what the ref did. 

22 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

Those pictures not one of them is using an elbow. Do I think they need to clamp down on players going at officials? 100% yes.

Am I glad the ref didn't get punished? Also yes

But do I think if a player had done the same he would have been punished ? Again yes.

My point is officials are not only there to officiate but also set standards. What pisses me off is that players get pulled up on the most ridiculous little thing and would have definitely been done for what the ref did. 

A player cannot touch an official. A should not attempt to grab an official, a standard players, and Liverpool clearly break. Your question does not make sense. There is no same. Officials do not behave as players do, as the Liverpool players do, and as Robertson in particular does. There is no law in the game for a sanction for a official coming into contact with a player because its wholly unnecessary, it does not happen.

If you are referring to player on player? Would a player be punished? There was no violent conduct, so no red. Excessive force? No. This leaves a caution. The scenario is wholly different. 

Edited by Cowshed