IGNORED

Steve Lansdown interview Today

Red Army 75

Just now, Barrs Court Red said:

Hopefully we can get an update on how far off a sale is likely to be. 

"Well of course we're always exploring what's best for the Club and if the right deal is out there then we'd certainly look at that. Obviously I can't talk about anything specific right now but we are always looking to invest in the Club and in the city and that's always going to be our focus."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Love what SL has done for the club, but he’s a very shrewd businessman, I doubt he’d be revealing anything ground breaking during a live interview. He’d prefer to control the narrative via official statements.

I imagine we’ll get a pretty standard “it’s been a pleasing season with a mixed bag on the pitch with plenty of green shoots of progress thanks to the hard work of NP and the coaching and playing staff, and significant progress in FFP off the pitch. Hoping to kick on and move up the table next season, etc”

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

39 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

"Well of course we're always exploring what's best for the Club and if the right deal is out there then we'd certainly look at that. Obviously I can't talk about anything specific right now but we are always looking to invest in the Club and in the city and that's always going to be our focus."

Plus “I’m naturally disappointed with our league position but can see signs of progress”.

“Please don’t mention Mark Ashton, Geoff”.

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Love what SL has done for the club, but he’s a very shrewd businessman, I doubt he’d be revealing anything ground breaking during a live interview. He’d prefer to control the narrative via official statements.

I imagine we’ll get a pretty standard “it’s been a pleasing season with a mixed bag on the pitch with plenty of green shoots of progress thanks to the hard work of NP and the coaching and playing staff, and significant progress in FFP off the pitch. Hoping to kick on and move up the table next season, etc”

And he`ll have a few nice words for our Geoff on his retirement as well no doubt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ah! So you write his scripts! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And he`ll have a few nice words for our Geoff on his retirement as well no doubt.

He will I’m sure, whilst also thinking “I’m glad I won’t get any proper questioning now for a while”! That’s going to be the biggest loss when Geoff goes - straight questions. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Hopefully!

As for SL it’ll be:

our Jon has done a mint job in charge, I’m prowd of me babber.  Those kits are lush, the flying Robin was inspired by ‘er indoors, she was baking a cake and a starling tried to come through the bi-folds at our gaff and flew straight into the glass. Our Jon, quick as a flash grabbed the grease proof paper from the cake and traced the image…and there you have it. Ace. Loves him I do.

• Haha 10
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hopefully!

As for SL it’ll be:

our Jon has done a mint job in charge, I’m prowd of me babber.  Those kits are lush, the flying Robin was inspired by ‘er indoors, she was baking a cake and a starling tried to come through the bi-folds at our gaff and flew straight into the glass. Our Jon, quick as a flash grabbed the grease proof paper from the cake and traced the image…and there you have it. Ace. Loves him I do.

I do hope Twentyman asks about that kit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

If any one wants the interview on an SD card or CD,let I know.

Can you put it on a phonograph ?. Just out of curiosity does anyone ever take you up on these offers? Isn't it a bit like saying if anyone wants a betamax video of our latest game you would be happy to do it?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I was surprised but happy to hear him say he doesn't see eye to eye with Nigel on everything. Think that's a good thing.

I was interested, and again happy, to hear him point out how well Luton, Millwall and Coventry are doing compared to us.

Gave a shout out to his mate Mark Robins "doing a brilliant job at Coventry". 

Contract talks with Nige have not begun. 

Scott price is £25m but could be higher if there's a bidding war. Doesn't know if Scott will go though, clearly hopes he'll stay. 

Thanked Geoff at end of interview.

• Like 5

Good interview, it’s clear he’s not going to pass the club onto just anyone, it’s not a one off purchase it’s an ongoing investment. No rush to sell Scott would like him to stay and build with the club a contract is on the table. Non committal on a new contract for Nige, it’s clear they’ve had different opinions, but is pleased with the way the club has built both on and off the pitch. Next year aiming at top of the table, top 6 if possible. 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

I was surprised but happy to hear him say he doesn't see eye to eye with Nigel on everything. Think that's a good thing.

I was interested, and again happy, to hear him point out how well Luton, Millwall and Coventry are doing compared to us.

Gave a shout out to his mate Mark Robins "doing a brilliant job at Coventry". 

Contract talks with Nige have not begun. 

Scott price is £25m but could be higher if there's a bidding war. Doesn't know if Scott will go though, clearly hopes he'll stay. 

Thanked Geoff at end of interview.

Yes, the mention of Robins stood out a mile. Think he'd have him here as manager tomorrow if the chance presented itself.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We're talking to a "serious" overseas investor on possibly sale/investment into City. Talks have been ongoing for some while...

Sure I've read that on OTIB somewhere !

Would be nice, if Steve does want to hand things over, if it's phased, similar to how Steve got the club in the first place. With someone new taking over through a period of 12 or 24 month, seeing what works, what doesn't and then making a mark.

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would be nice, if Steve does want to hand things over, if it's phased, similar to how Steve got the club in the first place. With someone new taking over through a period of 12 or 24 month, seeing what works, what doesn't and then making a mark.

Which Hollywood duo would we like?