IGNORED

Steve Lansdown interview Today

Red Army 75

59 minutes ago, downendcity said:

How many managers would squander the talent the academy has been producing? 

Yes, circumstances (caused by his predecessor) might have forced his hand but Pearson has handled the introduction of the youngsters well.

Pring responded brilliantly to a spell on the sidelines to cement a starting place. Vyner has a new found confidence. Scott has been given his head and is our dominant player. Conway looked anything but a fledgling striker 

I think these youngsters respect Pearson for the trust and faith he places in them and would run through a brick wall for him and the team 

I think one of the big things is that these players know what Pearson has done for the careers of other players. Pearson brought a few of them in here partly for that reason. 

So when Pearson gives players advice etc, players generally tend to listen because they know that he has that experience. I don't think we've ever really had that before.

• Like 4

On 01/05/2023 at 00:25, 2015 said:

SOD got way too much stick for his time here. We were an absolute shambles when he took over and a sinking ship that needed stabilising.

S'OD took over here with us bottom of the Championship, and then left us third bottom of League One. 

(Then Cotts came in, with us third bottom of L1, and left us third bottom of the Championship).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NickJ said:

Very late reply sorry but spudski is incorrect and KITR is correct.

I have been very critical of Steve in the past but on this a very supportive post, and have noticed others similar.

Anyway Scott is still with us, don't know whats going on behind the scenes but if he's still here start of the season SteveL will have done a good job of not encouraging a sale.

image.thumb.png.309f8f415ed23897f6fbb299b6abdc17.png

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, RedHienz said:

SOD playing keep ball at the back. All as we sat bottom of league one, truly some of the most tepid football i have seen from a professional team - demonstrated by 6 draws and 5 losses in 11. 

The fact some are comparing him to NP is laughable. Sure tell it how it is but get buy in and bring people onside, otherwise doomed to fail. Imo worse then Tiny Penis.

How true pass across the back get to the halfway line start passing back then start again