IGNORED

Flapper

Silvio Dante

Got quite publicly dropped from a position where he'd ruled the roost for years for a player we signed from Woking, and his career dipped so much he ended up playing for Rovers. Can understand him being unhappy about it, even though GJ quite clearly made the right call.

Edited by Ron W
  • Like 5
  • Robin 1

Decent, steady keeper for the level we were at. Luckily for him, the only competition he had really was an ageing Mike Stowell, and a string of reserve Premiership keepers on short term loans to cover for injury. All of whom funnily enough ended up being far superior keepers than him - Boaz Myhill and Ben Foster to name two off the top of my head (sure there's at least 1 more I can't remember as I'm knackered).

His downfall was Basso, and getting all Billy big bollocks once he actually lost his spot in the team. Had he kept his mouth shut and welcomed the competition, he could probably have improved himself as well, but no, threw his toys out of the pram and wanted out.

He rightfully lost his place in the team, and almost immediately we looked far more comfortable with Basso in the side, and even he had his flaws.

Shame it turned out the way it did for Philips, because he wasn't a bad keeper.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Taz said:

Decent, steady keeper for the level we were at. Luckily for him, the only competition he had really was an ageing Mike Stowell, and a string of reserve Premiership keepers on short term loans to cover for injury. All of whom funnily enough ended up being far superior keepers than him - Boaz Myhill and Ben Foster to name two off the top of my head (sure there's at least 1 more I can't remember as I'm knackered).

His downfall was Basso, and getting all Billy big bollocks once he actually lost his spot in the team. Had he kept his mouth shut and welcomed the competition, he could probably have improved himself as well, but no, threw his toys out of the pram and wanted out.

He rightfully lost his place in the team, and almost immediately we looked far more comfortable with Basso in the side, and even he had his flaws.

Shame it turned out the way it did for Philips, because he wasn't a bad keeper.

Didn't we have John Ruddy as well at one stage around that time?

Edited by JBFC II
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1