IGNORED

Real Madrid v Man City

Super

On 09/05/2023 at 15:16, Mr Hankey said:

Madrid must love it whenever Man City play the ball to John Stones, he just continuously slows the play down to then just pass it sideways……may work against some of the Prem teams but not against this lot it won’t!

Stones was excellent over the 180 minutes.

On 09/05/2023 at 14:16, Mr Hankey said:

Madrid must love it whenever Man City play the ball to John Stones, he just continuously slows the play down to then just pass it sideways……may work against some of the Prem teams but not against this lot it won’t!

Hahaha. One of the best centre half in the world. Clueless. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, James54De said:

Hahaha. One of the best centre half in the world. Clueless. 

Calm down fella, think you had a late night here, my comment was based on the way Madrid allowed him to play in the first leg. He’s a very good defender, which is why he’s at Man City.

Edited by Mr Hankey

4 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Stones was excellent over the 180 minutes.

He was very good, i thought parts of the first leg worked perfectly for Madrid in allowing him on the ball to slow things down as that is what they would of wanted, but last night in particular he was outstanding as he was more willing to bring the ball forward and attack.

1 hour ago, Mr Hankey said:

Calm down fella, think you had a late night here, my comment was based on the way Madrid allowed him to play in the first leg. He’s a very good defender, which is why he’s at Man City.

John Stones is playing in midfield.  

2 hours ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Midfield or defence,he's just a very good player,which is why Pep picks him. Long gone are his days of at least one howler per game.

And that is exactly what Pep does, he makes good players better players.

Sounds obvious, but even at the highest level not every Head Coach /  Manager, achieves that.

Grealish is a perfect example. I always enjoyed watching him at Villa, he was their star man would run at loads of opponents and get fouls, that was entertaining for a neutral but was about all he did.

Look at him now, he does all of the above but with much more purpose and now also tracks back and defends excellently.

As I mentioned on the appropriate thread previously I think Man City would be an excellent destination for Scott. He would probably not get much game time in his first season but it would be a superb environment for him to hone his game and work with the best coach in the world.

• Like 1