IGNORED

extra show from Geoff Twentyman on his last day

10 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I can tweet myself using twitter!

9 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Thanks Geoff, I'm a top man !

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

And I put two-zero-man at the front of my thoughts, just so they get to my head.

I'm not asking you, I'm asking me. What do I think?

• Haha 4

Just finished listening to last night's show. What a show that was. 

In 1993 i was 9, my football memories only still fully hold around then. Geoff has been THE voice ever since. I mean, my voice of Bristol football, and one of the voices of football full stop has just retired. 

End of an era. We were so lucky to have such a man as the heart of football.

Edited by The turtle
  • Like 8

Only just got round to listening to it.

Quite emotional really, end of an era, but he's leaving for exactly the right reasons and the best of luck to him.

Brilliant broadcaster for Bristol, much appreciated and respected, an honorary Bristolian.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Only just got round to listening to it.

Quite emotional really, end of an era, but he's leaving for exactly the right reasons and the best of luck to him.

Brilliant broadcaster for Bristol, much appreciated and respected, an honorary Bristolian.

What a great listen.

Just to echo what everybody said on that show, and have written on this and other boards, what a great broadcaster and true professional, right to the end.

Add to that, and most importantly, a great bloke.

A happy and much deserved retirement, Geoff !!

• Like 1

Geoff is one of those amazing quirks of local radio. Outside of Bristol (and Liverpool, obviously) not too many people will have heard of him, but inside our area he's a household name and could really have gone onto bigger things.

That in itself creates bigger pressure - for sport on national stations, there's always an alternative. If you don't like Radio Five, listen to TalkSport (heaven forbid). In Bristol, it's really RB or nothing. So you have to be good or you'll know about it. And the fact City and Rovers are equally as sad to see him go even with his past allegiances says everything.

Edited by Ron W
  • Like 6
  • Flames 1

17 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The version I listened to on BBC Sounds cut off right at the end, could someone answer a couple of questions for me?

1. Who's version of You'll Never Walk Alone was that?

2. Who was the very final guest?

I only listened to BBC Sounds too!

The YNWA version was by Marcus Mumford and I think the “final” guest was Adam something, who was due to present the next Radio Bristol programme.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Such a great show. GT is a local ledge now and thoroughly deserved. 

Im really hoping that Owers gets the SOTC gig if not already decided!

What was that all about with Mr Holloway, he seemed very bitter toward some at BRFC!

I'd have no objection to Owers taking over, an ex-footballer like GT would be good.

I've watched a few Joe Partington podcasts and they are excellent, he's a very good interviewer, wouldn't mind him on SOTC.

• Like 1