IGNORED

DaSilva sent to Coventry

Silvio Dante

2 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

Given NP supposedly didn’t like Palmer’s attitude he’s not done too badly making the PO final now with two different clubs both without parachute payments.

Not even close to the truth. Just didn’t fancy him as a player. Big wages and bombed out

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

Given NP supposedly didn’t like Palmer’s attitude he’s not done too badly making the PO final now with two different clubs both without parachute payments.

He’s done very well. Sat on the bench and watched his teammates perform.

Yep, both Dasilva and Palmer on wages that no longer support their squad status.

In Kasey’s case, we took a short term hit financially to move him on.

In Jay’s case, he wanted more than we were willing to offer.  Showed a good attitude here despite knowing he was off, and I very much expect Cov have offered more than we were going to in terms of both term and wages.

Fair play to both.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

One wonders if he would have been offered a contract had the result been different ?

I reckon he would’ve.

Can you imagine them courting him since January and then saying “sorry, we are looking elsewhere now”?  I don’t, but that’s just me.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, both Dasilva and Palmer on wages that no longer support their squad status.

In Jay’s case, he wanted more than we were willing to offer.  Showed a good attitude here despite knowing he was off, and I very much expect Cov have offered more than we were going to in terms of both term and wages.

Fair play to both.

Zero chance we would offer him a 4 year deal.

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

The sub who got subbed at Wembley

He got plenty of verbals for poor decision making during the game, he will certainly be clutching at his squad position next season

• Like 1

Good move for all concerned. We’ve got a far more strict wage structure than when the lad joined and in our position if we’re going to pay big money to a player they need to be a game changer. With respect to Jay he’s a good left back at the level but not that good particularly when we have Pring making big strides,

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

19 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

I think that’s stretching it a bit but what I will say is KP’s main achievement in football is likely to be the security he provides his family over actual football achievements which is a shame given his raw ability.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Good move for all concerned. We’ve got a far more strict wage structure than when the lad joined and in our position if we’re going to pay big money to a player they need to be a game changer. With respect to Jay he’s a good left back at the level but not that good particularly when we have Pring making big strides,

Surprised they are better off financially than us considering we are both of similar size ?

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fair play to both.

I'd wonder if the wage probably isn't that much more than what we'd offer, but it's offset by a 4 year deal when we'd be looking at 2 or 3.

• Like 1

Bloody hell what are Cov doing offering players 4 year deals? That's insane. Especially as Jay isn't THAT good. 

Considering what they've been through in the past you'd think they would be a bit more financially prudent. 

I guess they couldn't afford his wages over 3 years so have spread it out over 4.

• Like 2