IGNORED

Now is the time - Jesse Lingard! [not a suggestion]

Davefevs

6 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Quite surprised he obviously only signed a one year deal last year. Wonder if that was Forest being risk-averse or his agents thinking a year of him excelling at Forest would put him in the shop window?

Probably, although I am sure the massive weekly wage was also an attraction, with only a one year commitment, so win-win for him and his agent.

Interesting to see where he ends up, his time at Forest has not enhanced his reputation.

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Some biggish names in that lot.

If only...

Who are basically in it for the money & don’t pull their weight.

I wouldn’t want any of them, though Colback you could possibly make a case for.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Ayew is a very experienced player who would be handy in a Weimann type role but wages would be way off.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near the squad, he's lazy selfish and only plays for himself (lingard that is)

Edited by Monkeh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Who are basically in it for the money & don’t pull their weight.

I wouldn’t want any of them, though Colback you could possibly make a case for.

I think the major worry for me with any Forest players is it would feel like a massive contradiction with our stated recruitment policy. Boring as it probably makes me sound, I'd love us to have a plan and stick with it...

I am disappointed. When they signed Lingard I thought that would tip them over the edge to relegation 
Who the actual **** thought paying someone that didn't want to be there, £200k a week ? Utter madness.
I don't blame him, it's like a painter not wanting a job so putting in a ridiculous quote, then they say yes !

Well Nige did have him at Leicester.....

Attitude problems, along with someone else wasn't it? Lingard is a strange player, because one minute he can look world class, and the next just an ass. Pretty sure that at one point he was being heavily criticised whilst at Man Utd because he seemed to be more interested in his social media and tik tok than anything else.

He will get another decent contract in the Premiership, but it won't be at any of the top 8 or so clubs.

21 minutes ago, Taz said:

Well Nige did have him at Leicester.....

Attitude problems, along with someone else wasn't it? Lingard is a strange player, because one minute he can look world class, and the next just an ass. Pretty sure that at one point he was being heavily criticised whilst at Man Utd because he seemed to be more interested in his social media and tik tok than anything else.

He will get another decent contract in the Premiership, but it won't be at any of the top 8 or so clubs.

Harold Kane - to quote Nige “the other players weren’t having him”.  Not sure if that was attitude based or ability based.

1 hour ago, Dr Balls said:

Lyle Taylor is the type of forward we don’t have, and can clearly cut it at Championship level, but I still don’t think Nige would be interested - not at anything like the wages he will have been getting at Forest!

Wages he will have been getting, doesn’t mean he can demand them now