IGNORED

Bordeaux-Rodez abandoned after fan attacks player

McNasty Filth

Where's VAR when you need it!!! Get it in the championship now before it costs us promotion????

In all seriousness you are asking for trouble if a fan or member of staff (what it looks like in this case) strikes a player, but the guy looks like he's trying to push them back on the pitch and away from provoking the ultras, all be it aggressively.

Imo this is worse than the Rivaldo incident.....concussion my ass.....game abandoned WTF!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65796112

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Not belittling pitch invasions, but all I saw was one bloke slightly push a player, then two players are laying down like they're dying. Abandoned?

Very embarrassing.

Yes it a lot of nothing. Why are two players on the ground ?

Mind agree what's the geezer doing pushing the player that's a life ban.

Lots bad on all fronts and embarrassing as hell to the players 

• Like 1

I think it is perhaps a bit more nuanced than a 'mere' exaggeration.

Bordeaux needed the win to go up, whilst Rodez needed the win to stay up.

There is another team also in danger of relegation - I forget who - but if the match is awarded to Rodez they stay up....

A decision is expected tomorrow, Monday.

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I think it is perhaps a bit more nuanced than a 'mere' exaggeration.

Bordeaux needed the win to go up, whilst Rodez needed the win to stay up.

There is another team also in danger of relegation - I forget who - but if the match is awarded to Rodez they stay up....

A decision is expected tomorrow, Monday.

If Rodez are awarded victory then the footballing world has gone completely mad!! Needs to be replayed from the 0-1 scoreline time.

So, following the absolutely scandalous and violent attack on the Rodez player (by a ‘Bordeaux fan’, apparently from Metz, who needed Bordeaux to lose) the match has been awarded to…..Rodez!

You may recall that the match was abandoned, as the Rodez player suffered a concussion injury and had to be carried from the pitch on a stretcher: this was just after he ‘woke up’ from his concussion to have a look around him, smile and wink à la Ronaldo - OK, I might have exaggerated the last bit.

Still, justice has to be done and seen to be done.

Sorry @jaydee=inspiration, I meant to tag you in as I’m sure you will be pleased with the decision ?.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 1

On 12/06/2023 at 21:23, PHILINFRANCE said:

So, following the absolutely scandalous and violent attack on the Rodez player (by a ‘Bordeaux fan’, apparently from Metz, who needed Bordeaux to lose) the match has been awarded to…..Rodez!

You may recall that the match was abandoned, as the Rodez player suffered a concussion injury and had to be carried from the pitch on a stretcher: this was just after he ‘woke up’ from his concussion to have a look around him, smile and wink à la Ronaldo - OK, I might have exaggerated the last bit.

Still, justice has to be done and seen to be done.

Sorry @jaydee=inspiration, I meant to tag you in as I’m sure you will be pleased with the decision ?.

Thanks for the update mate. 

God I find that decision staggering tbh!! Got the aroma of a stitch-up.

See Bordeaux are planning an appeal. Don't know what they would have to prove to be successful? Would Rodez be required to show proof of concussion to their player? Is it even possible to show clinical proof of a concussion?