IGNORED

Haydon Roberts Confirmed - Signed

westonred

4 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Sounds like it’s going down the road of not happening. Like Derby are breaking the bank to steal him from us

That wouldn’t seem very clever of Derby seeing as they are still under financial restrictions until the end of the summer (although their embargo has been lifted).  

Edited by TinMan's left peg
Typo
  • Like 1

• Admin
40 minutes ago, BLRed said:

We all know how Derby operate however, hence why they are where they are.

just the simple fact that phantom is being cryptic suggests there is something negative occurring

It's not completely dead in the water, but well in the balance

I don't want to say anything publicly that impacts any outcome, though will update once things move on

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

This has crossed my mind, it certainly feels like Brighton are making this move as Easy as possible for both parties and makes me wonder if they are hoping it will smooth the way for another deal.

Definitely not the case.  The only reason it's free is because Brighton didn't offer him a new and improved deal by whatever the deadline was.  Just like us with Liam Rosenior.  It could prove to be a decision they regret in the future regardless of where he ends up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's not completely dead in the water, but well in the balance

I don't want to say anything publicly that impacts any outcome, though will update once things move on

Sorry, how can someone posting on (TBF) an insignificant forum , jeopardise   an important move ?Is your favourite flower a Narcissus ? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lenred said:

If you can’t get excited about the position we now find ourselves in compared to the last few years, and the rebuilding that is being carried out,  then Im really not sure what would. Progress on and off the pitch is there for all to see now and realistically that is the very best we could’ve hoped for when Pearson came in.  

And there we have it:

OTIB at its finest. I didnt mention once about the position we're in but merely that I wasn't feeling the same excitement as others regarding the new signings.

But hey-ho Len, don't let a good misquote get in the way of a populist post.

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

And there we have it:

OTIB at its finest. I didnt mention once about the position we're in but merely that I wasn't feeling the same excitement as others regarding the new signings.

But hey-ho Len, don't let a good misquote get in the way of a populist post.

I'm sort of with you in a way on this......the 2 signings we have made so far has made me feel that it is a very decent "start" to the window. I wasn't overly annoyed about the Bryan deal falling through (even though he would have been a good signing) & i feel the same with the Roberts deal as i don't see either of them as being better than Pring.

If we sign a couple of quality midfielders & another centre back then i will be impressed, but if we go in to the start of the season with what we have signed already (which i highly doubt we will) then i will be underwhelmed.

• Like 1

If the deal doesn't happen then it's a tad disappointing but we move on to the next target. With little money around throughout the EFL we are fishing in a large pool and we won't always land our main catch. I am OK with the signings so far which add depth to our squad while being made within our means. I am sure more will follow but we have to accept that post COVID, and with FFP to consider, we are not in the market for marquee signings. How good our signings will be won't be known until they put on a red shirt and play for us in the Championship. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

If the deal doesn't happen then it's a tad disappointing but we move on to the next target. With little money around throughout the EFL we are fishing in a large pool and we won't always land our main catch. I am OK with the signings so far which add depth to our squad while being made within our means. I am sure more will follow but we have to accept that post COVID, and with FFP to consider, we are not in the market for marquee signings. How good our signings will be won't be known until they put on a red shirt and play for us in the Championship. 

Yes, basically  (like Bryan) if he doesn't want to be here, then **** 'im !  His loss.

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I agree, potentially Derby have offered more money or a promise of more playing time. If he goes there instead I'm glad were sticking to our guns and not offering more wages or promises to the player just to get him to sign. Were very early in the window so plenty of times to access other options.

• Like 1