IGNORED

Europa Conference League Final

Silvio Dante

13 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Love you Moyesie but eff me you're a negative manager.

Someone else will turn all that talent into a proper football team. 

Mickey mouse competition as well. Either of these teams beat Sevilla or Roma to win the UEFA Cup? Not a chance. 

Roma qualified for Uefa cup by winning this last season 

Just now, Big C said:

Edited by Big C

11 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Mickey mouse competition as well. Either of these teams beat Sevilla or Roma to win the UEFA Cup? Not a chance. 

Fiorentina finished 8th in Serie A and got to the Coppa Italia final losing narrowly to Inter, who themselves are in the Champions League Final... 

I'd give both teams more than a chance of beating Sevilla (who've had an awful season domestically) or Roma. 

Give my right bollock to be in West Ham's position this evening. 

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

It's the "Cup Winners Cup" but they've won it (again). They can get a "progressive" manager now, play some lovely, more "progressive" football, and not winning anything again for thirty or forty years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HoldenBall said:

People scoffing the Europa League conference, the only realistic trophy anyone outside of the top 6 can win. Look at the scenes of the West Ham fans at the moment who wouldn't want that 

Exactly, we’d love to be in their position. You always remember trophy wins, whatever they are. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

It was the ‘champions of Europe we know what we are’ chants from the West ham fans that did make me cringe a bit.. you have won the conference league not the champions league lads, calm down ??‍♂️

Fair play to them though, happy for Moyes ?

This made me laugh last week too, Ramsey the Villa player poking fun at their fans for celebrating finishing 7th and making the conference league...

As for West Ham I have seen them play much better counter attacking football than tonight but what a moment for Bowen and good to see them get something like their 6th trophy in their history and first in ages, celebrations looked fantastic.

Glad that any English club wins a European competition & well done West Ham.

Seriously, UEFA have to step in with all of the play acting and downright cheating. Once again its an Italian side. There is so much dissent and the authorities have to step in. First Roma (& Seville) now Fiorentina. Next up is Inter Milan, you just know that they will target Grealish to get him sent off.

I would ban all Italian clubs for three seasons & until they've cleaned up their act. It will need something that drastic to make these clubs, their players and club officials see sense & to clean up their act.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

26 minutes ago, Swede said:

Seriously, UEFA have to step in with all of the play acting and downright cheating. Once again its an Italian side. There is so much dissent and the authorities have to step in. First Roma (& Seville) now Fiorentina. Next up is Inter Milan, you just know that they will target Grealish to get him sent off.

I would ban all Italian clubs for three seasons & until they've cleaned up their act. It will need something that drastic to make these clubs, their players and club officials see sense & to clean up their act.

You must have missed Behrama's dive in the first half? Or some of Kane's antics for England. Or the Spanish clubs attitude to play-acting?

You can't discriminate against Italian clubs. And Inter won't be as bad, they're quite a physical outfit with the likes of Dzeko and Lukaku. 

Until UEFA/FIFA take a serious stance against play-acting retrospectively then it'll continue. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Swede said:

Ah yes, because no players of English clubs ever dives, play acts or cheats :laugh:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Until UEFA/FIFA take a serious stance against play-acting retrospectively then it'll continue. 

The stupid thing was, you fan find quotes from early 2014 from Sepp himself- I know there was corruption- but he was ranting about diving. What did he do however. Not a lot. Head of FIFA, moaned about it- Head of World Football...did bugger all.

I do agree with your post, by no means just Italian clubs and anyway I don't recall Napoli or Atalanta in recent times or some others falling over especially easily.

7 hours ago, Mr Hankey said:

If you can’t celebrate winning a European cup then you may as well give up….**** me beating Man U in the Carabao Cup QF is probably going to be the highlight of my lifetime supporting City!

Not knocking them celebrating mucker but for me the chant of ‘champions of Europe’ should always be reserved for the full European champions/champions league winners (in new money). Call me a miserable git but that’s how I’ve always seen it! 
But yes you are quite right, the highlight for me so far has probably been us winning a freight rover or lifting the League one trophy under cotts so i should probably wind my neck in ???

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It’s the European equivalent. 

That's the spirit Major!

Our first EFL triumph, with TC, having achieved what he had as a player, clutching that little trophy like it was his first born, and crying tears of pure joy.

I will never forget that. Made me so proud to be a City fan. Precious.

• Like 1