IGNORED

New Work Permit Rules - Effective Today (14.06.23)

Davefevs

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Not tonnes of detail….but Sunderland’s recent signing Triantis is one such example of the Exceptions Panel being more relaxed.

So this explains it. Knew this was in the offing but didn't think it would come into place so quickly.

Thanks I was completely baffled by Sunderlands recent signings. Great now I can waste hours looking at obscure leagues for hidden gems that I think we should sign but won't sign. 

14 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Wonder if transfermarkt puts Max in the foreigner list because his nationality is Irish on his profile. That would skew the percentages abit if so.

I dunno!

TM says 15 foreigners, 13 local???

IMG_7705.thumb.jpeg.07e0ed10ab8bca0fe254e5bf52657532.jpeg

I have it 11-all, but 6 I’m unsure of?

We’ve been continually burned by foreign imports, or mid-managed them to the point the club loses out.

should have seen a big return on Fam, HNM and Eliasson if all were managed correctly, that last bit being open to interpretation.

I’d be hesitant at looking abroad again unless we signed a real gem with a high ceiling on a good contract with the aim of developing and selling on for profit a la Brentford.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Surely British nationals aren't foreign? 

It’s England qualified, not British nationals, ie can they play for England?  They might’ve ruled themselves out based on playing for another country already (those rules are crap too).

3 hours ago, BLRed said:

We’ve been continually burned by foreign imports, or mid-managed them to the point the club loses out.

should have seen a big return on Fam, HNM and Eliasson if all were managed correctly, that last bit being open to interpretation.

I’d be hesitant at looking abroad again unless we signed a real gem with a high ceiling on a good contract with the aim of developing and selling on for profit a la Brentford.

Kodjia was a fair return.

Bit in Friday's Times that says clubs will certainly be exploring this.

Notts County and Wrexham are two mentioned. Plus cites a senior EFL club figure (unnamed) as saying:

One senior EFL club figure said teams may target players from a specific country in order to boost their profile there. "If there is a promising Indian player, for example, that could be a very good opportunity for a club to develop support there", he said.

26 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Clubs are taking advantage for sure. Albeit still early and the window has really yet to get going fully.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-championship-transfer-news-8553303

1 third of Championship signings so far have been from overseas.

Not sure Ipswich have?

Taylor - Peterborough might be another planet, but still British! ?

image.png.6f90c8f571796938e3f727540c3120ea.png

image.png.f0886516d7c2a3d86535088e87f07b8e.png

They are including Henry Gray, who’s joined Ipswich’s development squad, not first team squad! ?

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not sure Ipswich have?

Taylor - Peterborough might be another planet, but still British! ?

image.png.6f90c8f571796938e3f727540c3120ea.png

image.png.f0886516d7c2a3d86535088e87f07b8e.png

They are including Henry Gray, who’s joined Ipswich’s development squad, not first team squad! ?

Thanks that s a good breakdown, article said 10/26 but yeah slightly under 1/3.

Wonder if they're counting SPL as foreign ie outside the English system as part of the 10. Surely not.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks that s a good breakdown, article said 10/26 but yeah slightly under 1/3.

Wonder if they're counting SPL as foreign ie outside the English system as part of the 10. Surely not.

No they are including Gray and Jorge Cabezaz…who is in fact a returning loanee…they signed him last summer, and loaned him out.

Although with Watford you never know what’s true and what isn’t.

They are missing Blackburn’s Arnor Sigurdsson too, signed on a “loan” from CSKA due to the Russia-stuff.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Thanks 1