IGNORED

Gaza on channel 4 NOW

My mates met him at the pub the other day, was smashed, told our girl matey if she wanted to see his willy all cuz she said he liked his shorts, told my mate he was a fat bastard and carried on drinking, was meant to go out with them, gutted I didn’t go along but sad the state he’s in

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So sad to read that someone so unwell and unable to beat the illness of addiction isn't getting support.

Not Strictly true loads of his friends and former teammates have tried and paid for him to go into rehab but unfortunately the only person who can help is his self and that's sadly not going to happen.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

Not Strictly true loads of his friends and former teammates have tried and paid for him to go into rehab but unfortunately the only person who can help is his self and that's sadly not going to happen.

Not saying he hasn't had support, but it sounds as if he is still desperately unwell.

Gazza offers the corrective to "what if your boyhood dream came true and not only did you play for England but you were England's best player for half a dozen years"?

Similar to Kurt Cobain - if you're unhappy then becoming the world's biggest rock star won''t change that.

He has always been a very troubled man, success and wealth won't change that.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Gazza offers the corrective to "what if your boyhood dream came true and not only did you play for England but you were England's best player for half a dozen years"?

Similar to Kurt Cobain - if you're unhappy then becoming the world's biggest rock star won''t change that.

If anything wealth is just an amplifier. If you're troubled and poor then that places some limitations on how much damage you can do to yourself, if you troubled and wealthy then there's no limit!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It is an incredibly sad story that he blames for the issues he has had.

• Like 1

Said when I saw him at BAWA a few months ago the poor bloke is in a desperate state, I didn't enjoy the evening one bit and it was incredibly hard to see, with hangers on wringing the last pennies out of the great man.

How some on here said they enjoyed the night and seeing him was unbelievable

• Like 1

12 hours ago, frenchred said:

Said when I saw him at BAWA a few months ago the poor bloke is in a desperate state, I didn't enjoy the evening one bit and it was incredibly hard to see, with hangers on wringing the last pennies out of the great man.

How some on here said they enjoyed the night and seeing him was unbelievable

May i ask if that was Bristol event that was covered on the 3 peaps podcast?   He is a shadow of his former self, and a sad reflection of what  addiction causes?.   I thought Channel 4 dragging him in front of the camera's last night was unnecessary, sad and pointless.      

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

May i ask if that was Bristol event that was covered on the 3 peaps podcast?   He is a shadow of his former self, and a sad reflection of what  addiction causes?.   I thought Channel 4 dragging him in front of the camera's last night was unnecessary, sad and pointless.      

Yes it was sadly

20 hours ago, maxjak said:

I thought 3 Peaps covered the event carefully and with the affection that all us footy fans of the Euro 96 era have for Gaza. I too would love to meet Gaza and tell him to his face how much joy he gave us all back then with his god given talent. Alas no matter how much love and care you give an individual with an addiction, only they can conquer it and its bloody tough to do as I know personally. 

My dads addiction to drink got him in the end and not before it all but destroyed the life of my mum and my siblings as we grew up. I still love my dad and the memories I have of him sober, in every other way he was an amazing man, but the addiction ruined him and our lives and was the death of him ultimately. I feel for Gaza, but its a battle that looks to have only one ending sadly.

Edited by brady bunch
typo
  • Like 1

I was in a desperate place 20 years ago thanks to alcohol,dts hallucinations etc etc and crawled into a meeting where I was given help by people who understood .

Have met many people over the years including footballers,TV stars and the working class,all with the same addiction. 

Alcohol is a highly addictive liquid drug which has many in its grip,such a shame gazza is in the state he is in.

I never met him but know people who have. Not sure he will ever get freedom from the bottle,sad

• Robin 2