IGNORED

and now Norwich at home is moved

phantom

I’m sure if we’re flying high come The Norwich game no one will give a damn really , as one door shuts for one supporter who can’t make it it opens a door for another fan who can , annoying for some a god send for others just the way it is I’m afraid 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

My thoughts on this are that if you’re moving games to a Sunday, and not on police advice/tv, you keep the k/o time at 3pm.

Kids youth football kicks off at (typically) 10:30, 12:30 and 14:00. If you do a 3pm k/o then kids involved in the first two still have a fighting chance of getting to the game. A 1:30 k/o means the very early kick offs may get there but not anyone else.

In effect, by choosing a 1:30 k/o the club are asking kids to choose between playing and watching.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, westonred said:

I think the club ought to off refunds for the matches that have been rearranged and people are then unable to attend

Not a chance! And anyway, nowadays you know that’s a risk.

In Italy the serie A fixtures are all scheduled for a single nominal day and time that weekend with a clear message alongside of ‘date and time to be confirmed’. That then happens 5-6 weeks beforehand (usually when the TV decisions are made, but sometimes incorporating other things too) and the actual times and dates are announced.

We’re not far off that at in in PL and Championship now are we? In some ways it might be fairer to do that. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Not a chance! And anyway, nowadays you know that’s a risk.

In Italy the serie A fixtures are all scheduled for a single nominal day and time that weekend with a clear message alongside of ‘date and time to be confirmed’. That then happens 5-6 weeks beforehand (usually when the TV decisions are made, but sometimes incorporating other things too) and the actual times and dates are announced.

We’re not far off that at in in PL and Championship now are we? In some ways it might be fairer to do that. 

In Spain it's not even that long, maybe 2-3 weeks notice in some cases.

Unless the WSL or Premiership Rugby have asked for that specific date for a fixture, which I don't understand, their fixtures aren't out yet. 
It's 2nd round of the FA Cup, but obviously that's not been drawn yet.

It's annoying moving a game for a "potential' clash. Maybe as Fevs mentioned , we want it moved to give us an extra day after the Wednesday trip to Southampton , and the potential clash was just an excuse ?

• Admin
20 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Unless the WSL or Premiership Rugby have asked for that specific date for a fixture, which I don't understand, their fixtures aren't out yet. 

Rugby fixtures work differently to football in that clubs get them before being published 

Oddly they work from the lower leagues upward 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, westonred said:

I think the club ought to off refunds for the matches that have been rearranged and people are then unable to attend

It’s 5 months away, it’s not like they’ve given a weeks notice.

The message said something about an event clash, could it be a band touring or something?

4 hours ago, MarcusX said:

It’s 5 months away, it’s not like they’ve given a weeks notice.

The message said something about an event clash, could it be a band touring or something?

its December I'm wondering if there is some corporate Christmas event going on 

On 01/07/2023 at 07:44, westonred said:

The game was moved 8 days after the fixture release. Hardly messed up people's long planned schedules has it?

42 minutes ago, The Bard said:

The game was moved 8 days after the fixture release. Hardly messed up people's long planned schedules has it?

Some people are unable to make Friday or Sunday matches due to other commitments.  What i was suggesting is the club buy back the seat if you are unable to attend certain games which they can resell for that match like they do at Man utd

When i was going through bowel cancer surgery and afterwards Chemotherapy i still had a season ticket but could not attend games it would have been nice to have been able to have got some cash back for the games i missed

44 minutes ago, westonred said:

Some people are unable to make Friday or Sunday matches due to other commitments.  What i was suggesting is the club buy back the seat if you are unable to attend certain games which they can resell for that match like they do at Man utd

When i was going through bowel cancer surgery and afterwards Chemotherapy i still had a season ticket but could not attend games it would have been nice to have been able to have got some cash back for the games i missed

Yet they get season tickets before the fixtures are released, and there is a difference between us and man United, man u have a waiting list for season ticket holders, we do not,

These fixtures change every season at pretty much every professional club,

Why are people so shocked at this?

22 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Yet they get season tickets before the fixtures are released, and there is a difference between us and man United, man u have a waiting list for season ticket holders, we do not,

These fixtures change every season at pretty much every professional club,

Why are people so shocked at this?

You are absolutely right, still doesn't stop me having a bit of a moan. I don't like Friday or Sunday games, much prefer Saturdays at 3OClock , sadly they don't consult me so it is what it is.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

You are absolutely right, still doesn't stop me having a bit of a moan. I don't like Friday or Sunday games, much prefer Saturdays at 3OClock , sadly they don't consult me so it is what it is.

I cant make 95% of midweek games sadly, but I just have to live with it

• Like 1

When you buy a s/t you buy it blind. Any fixture could be moved at short notice. It's always been that way and I don't like it but if I want a s/t  I have to accept it. 

I'm an old timer who was brought up on 3pm Saturday and 7.30pm Tuesday, you could even get to skittles and go on anchor in those days cos the game finished before 9.15pm.

God help us if we get to the Prem with their ko times.

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

And for those of us that still play on Saturdays, Fridays and Sundays are much better. For every person you disappoint, there’s probably someone else who gains. That’s just the way it is, would be much worse if we were on TV more too

• Admin
16 hours ago, The Bard said:

Bristol Bears home game v Gloucester is being moved to the Millenium Stadium apparently. 

My money's on it being 2nd December which would explain them moving the Norwich game to the Sunday.  

Fixture has been known for a while, hence the discussions since to move it to Cardiff

On 02/07/2023 at 13:46, westonred said:

Club won't do this scheme as tickets are always available for sale

Clubs that do this resale offer are those that sell out

Obviously too late now (and hope that you are winning your battle and will no longer need any more Chemo) but the best option is to resell it privately

The group I travel to games with have been doing this amongst ourselves for years