IGNORED

Oxford United Help Needed

Col The Ox

On 14/07/2023 at 17:36, SecretSam said:

Done, best wishes to @Col The Ox and other Oxford fans. As a former resident (5 years!) I'm gutted this has happened to you guys. Never got to see the Kassam, but have memories of watching City, 'Boro and Millwall at the old Manor. 

Keep the faith, good luck.

Thank you for the kind words. You haven't missed much by not visiting The Kassam Stadium, it's as soulless as a stadium can be, and a masterclass in what not to do, amplified by the stadium owner's lack of care. It's never been home for me, that was The Manor, but with the plans we have and (most of) the community behind us I'm hopeful that The Triangle can become our new home in name and in spirit.

• Like 1

On 15/07/2023 at 08:51, eardun said:

Done and good luck. Seems to be a sensible location. I hope to be able to get a train to Oxford Parkway and stroll to the ground one day. (Hopefully when not foggy, unlike my visit to the Manor!)

Thank you, and yes, it is as perfect a location as there will ever be in Oxfordshire. You will be able to either drink in Oxford City Centre and make the 5 minute train journey to Parkway, or go to Parkway and drink/eat around the stadium, something you couldn't do at The Manor and can't do at The Kassam Stadium.

There are now only 6 days left if anyone else would be kind enough to fill out the survey.