IGNORED

Owls v Saints

Lanterne Rouge

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Isn't there some rule about whether it's on target for OG's?  So no, it wouldn't have been an OG. 

If the feint touch had deflected it to be on target then it would have been an OG.

Happy to be proven wrong.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. It was on target and didn’t make much difference but awarded it to Armstrong. If it had touched the defender instead of Armstrong it wouldn’t be an OG would it? As it was in target?! So what’s the difference? 

• Like 1

Just now, Jose said:

That’s exactly what I’m saying. It was on target and didn’t make much difference but awarded it to Armstrong. If it had touched the defender instead of Armstrong it wouldn’t be an OG would it? As it was in target?! So what’s the difference? 

There' on target and there's on target, i'm not saying the Tella shot wouldn't of gone in (i'm in work so haven't even seen it) but the fact is the last person to touch it was Armstrong

3 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

There' on target and there's on target, i'm not saying the Tella shot wouldn't of gone in (i'm in work so haven't even seen it) but the fact is the last person to touch it was Armstrong

That's the misnomer though Tom, if it had brushed a defender, rather than attacker, in this instance it would be Tella's goal, not an og, as it was on target.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

That's the misnomer though Tom, if it had brushed a defender, rather than attacker, in this instance it would be Tella's goal, not an og, as it was on target.

Of course, but the rules are quite clear (whether a good rule or not)  personally i think whoever touches the ball last should be awarded the "goal" irrespective of whether that's an attacker or defender 

• Like 1

1-1 and what have we learnt (or had reinforced) in the opening 55 minutes?

The ref will add on time +++++++

You will get booked every time you kick the ball away or have more than one person in the technical area 

Total domination, especially when it’s 1-0, counts for absolutely nothing in the Championship! 

• Robin 1

15 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Wednesday definitely have the best club badge in the League.

It's a dreadful badge. The owl with those weird elongated eyes looks hideous.

The team they're playing tonight on the other hand, have a bona fide classic badge (and I hate them, so certainly no bias on my part).

Interesting you bring up Wednesday badges though, I hadn't realised how similar a design our current shit robin is to their previous owl badge!

Looks to me like it must have provided inspiration for our new badge.

sheffield-wednesday-1999-2016-logo.png

2 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

1-1 and what have we learnt (or had reinforced) in the opening 55 minutes?

The ref will add on time +++++++

You will get booked every time you kick the ball away or have more than one person in the technical area 

Total domination, especially when it’s 1-0, counts for absolutely nothing in the Championship! 

That Russell Martin teams can’t defend set-pieces? ???

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's a dreadful badge. The owl with those weird elongated eyes looks hideous.

The team they're playing tonight on the other hand, have a bona fide classic badge (and I hate them, so certainly no bias on my part).

Interesting you bring up Wednesday badges though, I hadn't realised how similar a design our current shit robin is to their previous owl badge!

Looks to me like it must have provided inspiration for our new badge.

sheffield-wednesday-1999-2016-logo.png

I really like the eyes though. Just think its a classic club badge.

Screenshot_20230804_212842_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Edited by CrackingCheeseGromit

3 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Where did that one come from. This is the badge I'm seeing on their shirts

Screenshot_20230804_212842_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Yep, that one is awful and speaks for itself. Then I was making the comparison between Wednesday's old badge (shown in the image in my post) and our new one. 

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 1