IGNORED

Official Attendance Today

45 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Always strikes me as absurd that the football season starts so early in August. If you have kids and wait until the school holidays to take the family away for a couple of weeks. You’ll always miss the start of the football season. I’d much prefer the season started towards the end of August or at the start of September. Therefore no one misses any football, the transfer window closes before the season starts and we all get to see more Tuesday night football. Matches under floodlights are always a lot more exciting than games on a Saturday, they just are. 
Granted there’ll be tedious technical reasons spouted, but Alex Scott transfer aside (although that’s pretty tedious too), I’m struggling to be arsed with football quite yet. 
I’d also accept that it’s seemed like mid winter almost since the end of the school year. 

I'd like a later start and to have the window shut before the season starts but I'd prefer a later finish than more midweek games. As I get older I like night matches less and less. As, a non driver who lives in Filton it's bad enough getting to the Gate on the bus during rush hour, but it's an absolute pain to get home. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

There may be a good reason why some clubs don't want to automatically share that info with the media...  :whistle:

Back in the days of yore, when people paid cash on the turnstiles, there was a very good reason why some clubs were reluctant to publish accurate attendance figures. Tax paid is direct related to income received, so the lower the attendance the lower the tax etc.   Of course, I’m not for one moment suggesting an honourable club such as City would have deliberately published artificially low attendances 

1 hour ago, Lord Northski said:

Always strikes me as absurd that the football season starts so early in August. If you have kids and wait until the school holidays to take the family away for a couple of weeks. You’ll always miss the start of the football season. I’d much prefer the season started towards the end of August or at the start of September. Therefore no one misses any football, the transfer window closes before the season starts and we all get to see more Tuesday night football. Matches under floodlights are always a lot more exciting than games on a Saturday, they just are. 
Granted there’ll be tedious technical reasons spouted, but Alex Scott transfer aside (although that’s pretty tedious too), I’m struggling to be arsed with football quite yet. 
I’d also accept that it’s seemed like mid winter almost since the end of the school year. 

If the season started at the beginning of September it would finish at the beginning of June, with the Championship play off final at the end of June. This isn’t really appropriate for what is a winter game. I don’t think playing more midweek matches to ensure the same end date is practical as we now have international breaks to fit in. Throw in a good cup run and postponements for some teams and it would be a nightmare. Looking at it from another perspective, it’s only people with school age children who are forced to have holidays in August. There are many supporters who don’t have young children and they avoid holidays in August 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Half full? You really are joking. Get your eyes tested.

Exactly yes the odd seats were free but you can never tell as with tv screens on under concourse through out game lots are staying in bar area having extra few pints and watching on the tv , so fans are up and down all game so various seats seem free

• Like 1