IGNORED

All change at Wolves/Gary O'Neill new manager

Lopetegui was a big part behind wolves pushing for Scott, will be interesting what happens if Scott doesn’t leave. This is likely the time of his peak value, he’d have to do something spectacular until January to retain his value, hope we don’t look back and regret turning down what I think would have been a club record fee. 

Edited by Lrrr

9 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Lopetegui was a big part behind wolves pushing for Scott, will be interesting what happens if Scott doesn’t leave. This is likely the time of his peak value, he’d have to do something spectacular until January to retain his value, hope we don’t look back and regret turning down what I think would have been a club record fee. 

I'm not sure the change necessarily adversely affects the Scott transfer. If anything it might increase the chances subject to FFP. Scott is a home grown player and also Bournmouth were the other team interested, so a chance for Gary O'Neil if appointed to get one over his old team.

5 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

I'm not sure the change necessarily adversely affects the Scott transfer. If anything it might increase the chances subject to FFP. Scott is a home grown player and also Bournmouth were the other team interested, so a chance for Gary O'Neil if appointed to get one over his old team.

The subject to FFP is an important part because if they were struggling to hit £25m before this then the departure and pay off to Lopetegui (could be amortised, could be one go) them adding O'Neil increases the Operating Cost Base that little bit further.

Had they been able to sign Scott would Loptegui still be in situ is the other angle.

• The title was changed to All change at Wolves/Gary O'Neill new manager
5 minutes ago, Ecko said:

They are my tip for relegation. 

I mentioned this in the Alex Scott thread a few weeks ago, but their transfer dealings this summer are vastly similar to Southampton's last year. 

Alex has dodged a bullet there. 

Yep. They've absolutely gutted their team. Can't afford AS, so forget speculating on this. Have a disinterested Chinese owner. If they stay up GON should be knighted.

14 minutes ago, Ecko said:

They are my tip for relegation. 

I mentioned this in the Alex Scott thread a few weeks ago, but their transfer dealings this summer are vastly similar to Southampton's last year. 

Alex has dodged a bullet there. 

Have had them as my favourite for relegation since April. They've gotten away with it in recent seasons, can't score for toffee, and have now sold the silver too. Big trouble at Molineaux this season imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Have had them as my favourite for relegation since April. They've gotten away with it in recent seasons, can't score for toffee, and have now sold the silver too. Big trouble at Molineaux this season imo.

I would have hoped and expected better from you ?.

Just like Middlesborough - it is Middlesbrough; Molineaux is, of course, Molineux.

Apart from that, I sort of agree with your post, although I really can't make up my mind who I predict to go down.

Last season, I was pretty confident it would be Bournemouth, Forest and Southampton (one out of three), and this year I am predicting Sheffield United, Luton and one other.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I would have hoped and expected better from you ?.

Just like Middlesborough - it is Middlesbrough; Molineaux is, of course, Molineux.

Apart from that, I sort of agree with your post, although I really can't make up my mind who I predict to go down.

Last season, I was pretty confident it would be Bournemouth, Forest and Southampton (one out of three), and this year I am predicting Sheffield United, Luton and one other.

Fair cop Phil. It's one spelling I can never get correct. I'm sorry I've ruined your day.

But yeh I just don't see anything to suggest Wolves are stronger this season than they've been previously, and previously imo they've been pretty lucky to survive.

• Like 1