IGNORED

Review of the Matchday Experience at Bristol City

GlosGroundhop

• The title was changed to Review of the Matchday Experience at Bristol City

This gives me a chance to point out that Paul Dirac, one of the greatest physicists of the 20th century and regarded by many as second only to Einstein, came from Bristol.

There is an abstract statue on Anchor Road that is supposed to represent his genius but as far as I know no civic statue, which is a shame.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, chinapig said:

This gives me a chance to point out that Paul Dirac, one of the greatest physicists of the 20th century and regarded by many as second only to Einstein, came from Bristol.

There is an abstract statue on Anchor Road that is supposed to represent his genius but as far as I know no civic statue, which is a shame.

There is a road named after him on the Bristol & Bath Science Park in Emerson’s Green

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, GlosGroundhop said:

We travelled to Bristol City for their game against Oxford United. A review of the Matchday experience can be read below https://gloucestergroundho.wixsite.com/gloucester-groundhop/post/ashton-gate-bristol-city

That's great - thanks for sharing.

Quick point though, Lando Norris doesn't provide speedy support for the elderly or infirm. 

• Haha 1

Visiting Oxford fan quote.....?

The experience i thought for the home fans before the match was pretty impressive especially for a 1st round cup match albeit it was a nice warm evening which of course helps. But, to me it showed a complete disparity to the Eileen gaggle some 5.4 miles away in how/why this cider gang are so much further ahead in stadia/status than the 15 stand pirate malarkey's located in Horfield. It must be gutting at times seeing your city neighbours whooping it up in a higher league, a three quarter finished modern 27k stadium especially when most of the gas's stands could easily be blown away in a single gale force wind :laugh:.

• Haha 15
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

17 hours ago, chinapig said:

Shout out to Cary Grant as well, who is one of the most famous actors in cinema history!