IGNORED

Radio Bristol commentary…did I hear correctly

DT The Optimist

9 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

At the end of the game seemed to kick off with Gary Owers going ‘spare’  at the Millwall fans trying to get on pitch, and the stewards looking about 16, and being basically useless. 

I am sure I heard for ‘**** sake’. From our Gary. Radio at its best ?? and brilliant programme…

Heard the same, Gary was fuming. Love his passion.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

At the end of the game seemed to kick off with Gary Owers going ‘spare’  at the Millwall fans trying to get on pitch, and the stewards looking about 16, and being basically useless. 

I am sure I heard for ‘**** sake’. From our Gary. Radio at its best ?? and brilliant programme…

Their stewards could be the same as ours are now. Young, small and totally disinterested about anything.

As for the F word from Gary, every film and TV plays after 21.00 hrs, contain plenty of that word. It's become almost meaningless and heard so often that does anyone take notice now?

Edited by cidered abroad

7 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I recall Gary controlling the ball with his hand like a basketball player, at saltergate, teeing someone up and we scored, they went absolutely mental the terrace to the right, think it was the season chesterfield got to the semis

Was the the last minute goal when Andy Leaning played for them?

Did big Wayne score it?

Edited by cider hoss rules

6 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Gary Owers is a city legend, I loved his hard working performances in 97/98, particularly that header he scored in the Walsall final home game and his passion. Top guy. Underrated too. 

He’s not a city legend . Massively overused term. He was a good player yes 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He’s not a city legend . Massively overused term. He was a good player yes 

I don’t think he was a playing legend, but his commentary and fan input is now legendary. We soo long needed someone like him on the radio/BCFC audio feed. I often try and sink him with the video feed and always have him on audio when watching. Proper ledge! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1