IGNORED

It’s not just Bristol

redkev

3 hours ago, David Brent said:

We should do What Atalanta do and give a shirt to every newborn in the city. Bristol is a bit bigger than Bergamo though granted

Not hijacking the thread but had to acknowledge your new profile pic! Had me in almost as many stitches as the new collar! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Yes Marcus I've told you how naive you are in the past, you might be able to wander around your village in a different shirt daily and expect not to be pulled up, love to see you do that on west street,  and as for sbb buying his son 300, shirts no not crass at all, we can all relate to that right

I think you've taken people owning different shirts bizarely personally

Where have I said I wander around my "village" in a different shirt every day?

Why would West Street be a problem? Rules on what shirts you can wear?

It's 2023, who the hell is "pulling people up" on football shirts?

Keep it a secret from the puller uppers in Bermondsey, but I wore my City shirt to Millwall on Saturday ? a lovely 1994 classic from my collection, shame you didn't spot me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I’m still hoping to move out there in retirement (well, Marbella actually, but I know that part of the Costa very well), if I can find a way around the post-Brexit 90 day rule. 
If this happens then I’d definitely make the effort to go to a few Malaga games - and probably make them my ‘second’ team. 
I’ve never had one to-date. 

Be warned, and I speak from personal experience, you will be letting yourself in for even more misery than City give you.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I think you've taken people owning different shirts bizarely personally

Where have I said I wander around my "village" in a different shirt every day?

Why would West Street be a problem? Rules on what shirts you can wear?

It's 2023, who the hell is "pulling people up" on football shirts?

Keep it a secret from the puller uppers in Bermondsey, but I wore my City shirt to Millwall on Saturday ? a lovely 1994 classic from my collection, shame you didn't spot me!

You at Millwall who you trying to kid, did you turn up in full dundee kit?

7 hours ago, Spike said:

In Cardiff's defence, I live in Cardiff and don't frequent the town centre and that's when you see all the Cardiff shirts, most of the people in the town centre are visiting from the valleys, tourists etc In my day-to-day life out and about around Cardiff I see way more Cardiff City shirts than Premier League shirts. I think it'd be the same for Bristol, if you go to the centre you're bound to see more Prem teams because you'll have people visiting, you'll have fans who don't go to any games etc

On Cardiff , I must admit I do like it , very decent at night city centre & Cardiff bay , also prefer it to Bristol for shops .

I spend a fair bit of time there working and tbf most are a decent bunch all know I’m city and have good banter with them , they seem very similar type to city fans .

Also enjoy the roath area ( students ) for a night out some decent bars there also 

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

On the Rovers thread you are literally backing the bloke who said he hurled Dogs abuse at a bloke at Paddington who was with his kids wearing Rovers shirts & claiming that those who are shooting him down for it are "grown men crying about it"..!!

“Literally backing” ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Maybe read my posts again 

51 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Incidentally I don't want to think im being unfair but did anyone here get bought 300 football shirts from I dunno 9 to 16? If so I bet your washing line was big as the Chinese wall? Mathmatics tells me thats at least one every other week, 

Should see the size of my washing machine. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

Funnily enough, I was on a rare visit to Bristol this weekend. Spotted 5 x City shirts, 1 x Rovers and the odd PL club, as I was out and about in the city centre. I was pleasantly surprised.

I do tend to see a fair few city shirts in central Bristol , not many clown outfits the odd 1 or 2 but far too many prem shirts I’m afraid 

2 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

“Literally backing” ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Maybe read my posts again 

No need, thanks.

Several people stood up against his vlaims of moronic bullying of a dad out with his kids  & you said that grown men were crying about it.

I hope, if you have young kids & are ever out in a public place & some moronic yob starts hurling "dogs abuse" at you in front of them - you get people standing up for you - and I doubt if they do, that you'd tell them to "stop crying about it".

Some things cross a line & hurling abuse (not a little bit of banter, but "dogs abuse") the way of a dad out with his kids for a day out, is pretty classless, scummy, idiotic & bullying behaviour. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

No need, thanks.

Several people stood up against his vlaims of moronic bullying of a dad out with his kids  & you said that grown men were crying about it.

I hope, if you have young kids & are ever out in a public place & some moronic yob starts hurling "dogs abuse" at you in front of them - you get people standing up for you - and I doubt if they do, that you'd tell them to "stop crying about it".

Some things cross a line & hurling abuse (not a little bit of banter, but "dogs abuse") the way of a dad out with his kids for a day out, is pretty classless, scummy, idiotic & bullying behaviour. 

So i “litterally” didnt defend it then. Thanks for clarifying.  

8 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I’m still hoping to move out there in retirement (well, Marbella actually, but I know that part of the Costa very well), if I can find a way around the post-Brexit 90 day rule. 
If this happens then I’d definitely make the effort to go to a few Malaga games - and probably make them my ‘second’ team. 
I’ve never had one to-date. 

Just to sweeten the deal, their away kit is purple and lime (official city colours)

My advice; don't hope, just do it. Malaga city is wonderful, the whole coastline is pretty epic at that.

Screenshot_2023-08-15-01-01-45-76_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Edited by The turtle
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The turtle said:

Just to sweeten the deal, their away kit is purple and lime (official city colours)

My advice; don't hope, just do it. Malaga city is wonderful, the whole coastline is pretty epic at that.

And it’s Hummel, we could have had that as an away/third kit! In fact could have had both of those as change kits as the yellow and green option too!

• Robin 1

10 hours ago, The turtle said:

Without intending to hijack the thread;

I know mate - we love the place - and we already own a place in Gibraltar which is part of our plans. We will definitely buy SOMETHING in that area between Malaga and Gib. It's how much money we spend that is affected by the 90 day rule. If the Gib negotiations allow Gib citizens access to Schengen then we will then buy a larger place, because we would be able to spend as long as we want there. However, if not then we will buy smaller and cheaper (considering we'd be banned from it for half the year)

We will definitely have SOMETHING there though. We've been visiting the Malaga area 4-5 times per year since 2015. We stay in a friend's flat (mates rates!) in Benalmadena/Arroyo de la Miel and we will be over there in 2 weeks time (10 days in Gib for their National Day celebrations, followed by 5 days in Arroyo). When we buy our own place we'll be further down the west coast though in order to be closer to Gib, so we can manage our flat there as an AirBNB. 

Love the Malaga away kit!

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
add words
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Without intending to hijack the thread;

I know mate - we love the place - and we already own a place in Gibraltar which is part of our plans. We will definitely buy SOMETHING in that area between Malaga and Gib. It's how much money we spend that is affected by the 90 day rule. If the Gib negotiations allow Gib citizens access to Schengen then we will then buy a larger place, because we would be able to spend as long as we want there. However, if not then we will buy smaller and cheaper (considering we'd be banned from it for half the year)

We will definitely have SOMETHING there though. We've been visiting the Malaga area 4-5 times per year since 2015. We stay in a friend's flat (mates rates!) in Benalmadena/Arroyo de la Miel and we will be over there in 2 weeks time (10 days in Gib for their National Day celebrations, followed by 5 days in Arroyo). When we buy our own place we'll be further down the west coast though in order to be closer to Gib, so we can manage our flat there as an AirBNB. 

Love the Malaga away kit!

I always say "i could try and tell you about malaga but you'd never understand" it's a place you have to experience. And August feria, well that's something else another level entirely.

Benalmedia harbour is also quite something special eh.

With the Gib negotiationa, a lot depends on who the next Spanish government is. 

Living in Spain, i sometimes forget about the 90 day rule and other aspects of brexit(I live under grandfather rules for now) But yours is a harsh reminder i need to investigate stuff when i comes to buying my own house in a few years.

P.s  do you find it easy to adjust to Gibraltar life when you go? It's one of those places with a life and set of rules of it's own . It's British with a twist, a cool place to spend time with so much to learn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The turtle said:

I always say "i could try and tell you about malaga but you'd never understand" it's a place you have to experience. And August feria, well that's something else another level entirely.

Benalmedia harbour is also quite something special eh.

With the Gib negotiationa, a lot depends on who the next Spanish government is. 

Living in Spain, i sometimes forget about the 90 day rule and other aspects of brexit(I live under grandfather rules for now) But yours is a harsh reminder i need to investigate stuff when i comes to buying my own house in a few years.

P.s  do you find it easy to adjust to Gibraltar life when you go? It's one of those places with a life and set of rules of it's own . It's British with a twist, a cool place to spend time with so much to learn.

I’ll PM you so we don’t take over the thread ?