IGNORED

Team v Janners

redkev

21 minutes ago, redkev said:

I know todays performance was pretty decent  

thought a few were blowing out of there arse come the end ,  think Wells pring knight Tanner  Naismith could well be rested not dropped 

for Cornick Brown ,Gardner Haskins ?, Dickie possibly memeti 

your thoughts 

They just had two weeks off bar Knight. They shouldn’t need resting.

36 minutes ago, redkev said:

thought a few were blowing out of there arse come the end ,  think Wells pring knight Tanner  Naismith could well be rested not dropped 

your thoughts 

Brown ?

• Hmmm 1

Looking forward to the first City hard challenge and our local????  neighbours start with their "you dirty northern bastards chant"  :laugh:

Always love that with this derby game.

The 120 mile local derby    going on tha

t, howe many derbys do we have this season ?

Edited by AppyDAZE

23 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I would still prefer to see Naismith in midfield.

Might happen depending on resting Williams, who has played a lot of minutes at the start of this season despite his recent injury record.

For my money, Williams was one who continued his first half form into the second - one of probably 4-5 who did (O’Leary, Vyner, James, Williams, Wells).

On that basis unless JW definitely needs a rest I wouldn’t be considering leaving him out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redkev said:

your thoughts 

Can’t see him making 5 changes is my thoughts! 

4 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Looking forward to the first City hard challenge and our local????  neighbours start with their "you dirty northern bastards chant"  :laugh:

Always love that with this derby game.

The 120 mile local derby    going on tha

t, howe many derbys do we have this season ?

The Hawthorns is about 30 miles closer to AG than Home Park, but nobody talks about WBA being a derby.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Interesting that Nige as much as said afterwards that there would be a couple of changes for Tuesday, though when he said we had the same players available I’m assuming that he had temporarily forgotten TGH..

Realistically there are only 4 who could start who didn’t do so yesterday, Dickie, Roberts, Cornick & the returning TGH. Yeboah is still an impact sub for me (he’s becoming a good one) & Mehmeti seems unlikely to come in seeing as he isn’t even getting on the pitch as a sub of late.

Wouldn’t be too surprised to see Roberts start in front of Pring who was certainly labouring late on yesterday & TGH might get a start in midfield, though I saw Williams as having as good a game as Knight, so a case of rotation more than being dropped.

Our front three work bloody hard so maybe worth giving Wells a rest & trying Cornick through the middle, but don’t see any obvious alternative starter to Sykes or Bell at present though.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

I don’t think I’d change the back 4 off the back of a clean sheet and the midfield is thin so no changes there, injury allowing. Bell and Sykes both very dangerous so they stay. The one change I’d consider is giving Cornick a start centrally over Nahki. I think he gives us something different and many fans have turned far too quickly on him.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting that Nige as much as said afterwards that there would be a couple of changes for Tuesday, though when he said we had the same players available I’m assuming that he had temporarily forgotten TGH..

Realistically there are only 4 who could start who didn’t do so yesterday, Dickie, Roberts, Cornick & the returning TGH. Yeboah is still an impact sub for me (he’s becoming a good one) & Mehmeti seems unlikely to come in seeing as he isn’t even getting on the pitch as a sub of late.

Wouldn’t be too surprised to see Roberts start in front of Pring who was certainly labouring late on yesterday & TGH might get a start in midfield, though I saw Williams as having as good a game as Knight, so a case of rotation more than being dropped.

Our front three work bloody hard so maybe worth giving Wells a rest & trying Cornick through the middle, but don’t see any obvious alternative starter to Sykes or Bell at present though.

Yep, agree with that. 
Depends on the feedback they get, but I wouldn't see an issue with the same XI except for a bit of preemptive rotation.
Maybe Mehmeti for Bell, but that limits the options of going outside the FB and both Preston goals came from that side.
I think Wells has been playing well without scoring and as you say, resting Sykes is a difficult case to make.
Tough call for Nige , I wouldn't be surprised to see TGH start and maybe Roberts and Cornick, with one eye on another tough game on Saturday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Depends on the feedback they get, but I wouldn't see an issue with the same XI except for a bit of preemptive rotation.

I think the issue is one of, that if you go same eleven on Tuesday, do you have to make more changes than you want on Saturday.

I’m a “one game at a time” man, but I am conscious of 3 games in a week…although no midweek game next week.

I think I’d stick with Tanner at RB v Bali Mumba, and give TGH a start over Williams, so he can get a rotation-rest.  I’d start Mehmeti over Bell, up against Kane Kesler-Hayden too.  Bell nice and fresh for an away game.

• Hmmm 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think the issue is one of, that if you go same eleven on Tuesday, do you have to make more changes than you want on Saturday.

I’m a “one game at a time” man, but I am conscious of 3 games in a week…although no midweek game next week.

I think I’d stick with Tanner at RB v Bali Mumba, and give TGH a start over Williams, so he can get a rotation-rest.  I’d start Mehmeti over Bell, up against Kane Kesler-Hayden too.  Bell nice and fresh for an away game.

It's a juggling act init.
Wanting that first home win against a decent footballing side. Stick with our strongest MF ?
Knowing that Saturday will be a test , give some players a rest ?

Sort of why I said "I wouldn't be surprised to see TGH start and maybe Roberts and Cornick"
We will have to rotate at times and TGH looked ok n his first game , so that seems possible. 
Pring works really hard so switching in Roberts would make sense and he probably deserves a game.
This is where it gets tricky . I do think there's a chance of Bell getting a rest, but that means 2 players who haven't had much chance of first team football playing together down the left. 
Then if we make those 3 changes I think it's less likely Wells gets a rest IMO. 
They do look like they could be exposed down the LHS and AM could thrive. 
Just glad my choices are never that impactful .

Looking forward to Leicester, be nice to go there on the back of a win.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Malago said:

The Hawthorns is about 30 miles closer to AG than Home Park, but nobody talks about WBA being a derby.

I don't know about you, but I certainly don't consider Bristol to be in the Midlands, but it's most certainly in the West Country. Plymouth is also in the West Country. Do you see where I'm going with this? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

It's a juggling act init.
Wanting that first home win against a decent footballing side. Stick with our strongest MF ?
Knowing that Saturday will be a test , give some players a rest ?

Sort of why I said "I wouldn't be surprised to see TGH start and maybe Roberts and Cornick"
We will have to rotate at times and TGH looked ok n his first game , so that seems possible. 
Pring works really hard so switching in Roberts would make sense and he probably deserves a game.
This is where it gets tricky . I do think there's a chance of Bell getting a rest, but that means 2 players who haven't had much chance of first team football playing together down the left. 
Then if we make those 3 changes I think it's less likely Wells gets a rest IMO. 
They do look like they could be exposed down the LHS and AM could thrive. 
Just glad my choices are never that impactful .

Looking forward to Leicester, be nice to go there on the back of a win.

I’d go for the win big time against Plymouth , what I have seen so far from both city & Leicester can’t see us getting anything what ever team we play - that’s not being negative on us I just think Leicester will be far superior to nearly all in this league this season - having said that this is city we’re talking about ?