IGNORED

No standing in row 13 dolman stand

Oldland2

I sit in row 13 and have noticed they have not put no standing signs unless you are leaving nalong the wall in row 13. It only show a male figure , so all does that mean to say my lovely wife is excluded, are they telling us we can’t stand if we score, I know that’s not often, and how about all the other times, paying respect etc, luckily most of us have a sense of humour, don’t know how long they will stick to the wall

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Oldland2 said:

I sit in row 13 and have noticed they have not put no standing signs unless you are leaving nalong the wall in row 13. It only show a male figure , so all does that mean to say my lovely wife is excluded, are they telling us we can’t stand if we score, I know that’s not often, and how about all the other times, paying respect etc, luckily most of us have a sense of humour, don’t know how long they will stick to the wall

So if we change this club policy our players will be allowed to score as freely as they do away from home?

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

8 minutes ago, Oldland2 said:

Probably for about the same length of time as your second sentence. So, a long time.

3 hours ago, Oldland2 said:

An old Kodjia behind me dragged me down by my jacket hood yesterday after I stood up for about 5 seconds during a moment of drama (Yeboah’s “foul” at the end).  This was without any attempt to ask me to sit down nicely (or otherwise) his first instinct being to lay a hand on me.  He knocked me off balance so that my elbow struck my son’s head.  The rule is against persistent standing, not any standing.  It’s a football match for God’s sake!  

Edited by TinMan's left peg
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, TinMan's left peg said:

An old Kodjia behind me dragged me down by my jacket hood yesterday after I stood up for about 5 seconds during a moment of drama (Yeboah’s “foul” at the end).  This was without any attempt to ask me to sit down nicely (or otherwise) his first instinct being to lay a hand on me.  He knocked me off balance so that my elbow struck my son’s head.  The rule is against persistent standing, not any standing.  It’s a football match for God’s sake!  

Loving the autocorrect of codg er! Haven’t thought about him in ages! 

• Robin 1

4 hours ago, Oldland2 said:

Well I believe the original idea a few weeks back (don't know if it's been shelved) was to put a rail between the seat and the wall as it was "too wide"!

I also sit in row 13

Putting a rail there is more ludicrous than the stickers, it would surely leave a too small a gap to be used for anything, apart from a useful coat hanger rail . They seem to be going out of their way to discourage fans from enjoying themselves, don’t need the club to do that when we have a squad to do it for them, yes I am p****d off, already have a rail that obscures part of our view,

@Oldland2

It's incredibly simple unless I'm getting it completely wrong.

It is signs telling those who stand in E34 and I assume it's at the front of each block that standing isn't permitted. Seems a waste of time to me but box ticking etc.

Perhaps it's poorly worded, obviously minutes silence, goals etc you stand- I think it is just a sign reiterating that it is an all-seater stadium.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Perhaps the 'old Kodjia' behind has spent his pension on his passion but isn't as nimble as you, and is fed up of looking at the back of your coat when the exciting bits happen?

Not as if there are many of them anyway.

2 hours ago, Oldland2 said:

Putting a rail there is more ludicrous than the stickers, it would surely leave a too small a gap to be used for anything, apart from a useful coat hanger rail . They seem to be going out of their way to discourage fans from enjoying themselves, don’t need the club to do that when we have a squad to do it for them, yes I am p****d off, already have a rail that obscures part of our view,

Totally agree with you, the club were actively looking at this as they believed it was being used as a walkway!

1 hour ago, 42nite said:

Perhaps the 'old Kodjia' behind has spent his pension on his passion but isn't as nimble as you, and is fed up of looking at the back of your coat when the exciting bits happen?

Not as if there are many of them anyway.

I’d have more sympathy for this point if 1) I’d been persistently standing all match rather than about twice for a few seconds 2) he’d spoken to me about if first before dragging me onto my young son.  

That would not replace the rail with the clear Perspex by the steps down to the concourse as they seem to have in other stands , they said it’s the wrong type of concrete , can somebody explain please

as I sit in row 13 the only thing I get annoyed with is the morons that use it as a walk way it’s the same ones every game when they can use the concourse to get around, the only standing I see is at half time, 

2 hours ago, frenchred said:

We used to but I don't believe we do now

Depends where you sit in row 13

I

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Which block are you in? There is one block in particular, E34 which as we know those in the Upper like to stand.

block 31

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Which block are you in? There is one block in particular, E34 which as we know those in the Upper like to stand.

believe

1 minute ago, Oldland2 said:

Depends where you sit in row 13

I

block 31

believe

I assume it is just some tick box exercise but time will tell. Perhaps it is about the walkway who knows.

ie Reiterating that it is an all seater stadium. The E34 issue will not be well received by the external Licensing authority etc. Unless those in Row 13 have received consultation.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous