IGNORED

Senior Reds today.

kiwicolin

57 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

We went to the Senior REDS lunch today ,and had a lovely meal. 

There were two city staff there talking about the what they do with the leftover food on away matches. As you probably know that the left over food goes to the homeless shelters in the town / city that we are playing.  

Apparently it all started with Josh Brownhill , as he and his family on Christmas day go out and take food to the homeless . This gave Matt Parson and the players an idea that they wanted to help in some way.  So they now do this on every away game.  At home games the club take all the extra food from the consessions ,and take it to a charity. 

This got the Senior Reds thinking and wanted to do something.  They raised £500 in about 10 minutes.  Then then committee matched it , raising £1000. This will be going to a Bristol charity. 

Well done ? 

You can't be old enough, Col?

22 minutes ago, frenchred said:

How do you join the senior reds?

Any info gratefully received, thank 

You have to be 50 years old and above. We meet ,usually Thursday, 3rd week of each month.  Sometimes it changes. 

I will find an email for to send and ask to join. 

1 hour ago, kiwicolin said:

We went to the Senior REDS lunch today ,and had a lovely meal. 

There were two city staff there talking about the what they do with the leftover food on away matches. As you probably know that the left over food goes to the homeless shelters in the town / city that we are playing.  

Apparently it all started with Josh Brownhill , as he and his family on Christmas day go out and take food to the homeless . This gave Matt Parson and the players an idea that they wanted to help in some way.  So they now do this on every away game.  At home games the club take all the extra food from the consessions ,and take it to a charity. 

This got the Senior Reds thinking and wanted to do something.  They raised £500 in about 10 minutes.  Then then committee matched it , raising £1000. This will be going to a Bristol charity. 

Well done ? 

How can we contribute if we don’t meet the senior red criteria? 

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

Unfortunately I qualify to join the senior reds ?‍♂️ how many go to these meet ups and do you have to wear Stone Island and a baseball cap like a lot of our "seniors"

Casual wear. There is usually 100 plus , depends on how many want to go. 

7 minutes ago, 38MC said:

Speak to Jerry or get hold of Matt Parsons . 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Drop an email to Pam Day the Membership Secretary for information: pam_day5@btinternet.com

Thank you

33 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

You have to be 50 years old and above. We meet ,usually Thursday, 3rd week of each month.  Sometimes it changes. 

Thank you, got the e mail now so all good

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

Casual wear. There is usually 100 plus , depends on how many want to go. 

That's a really good number, for some reason I thought it would be less than half of that.

No wonder they never seem to advertise for new members, they don't need to!

54 minutes ago, 38MC said:

Matt Parsons said that he was going to give the money collected today to Jasper who runs a homeless charity. Google suggests this is him and I expect they would be grateful for any direct donations……..

https://helpbristolshomeless.org/about-us/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Crikey. Last time I looked, you was 32 year old Kiwi Col working up Lawrence Hill in 1995, and Jonah Lomu was tramplin' all over our brave England boys. Don't tell me yer retired?

Nope still working at the same place (34 years ) but not in Lawrence Hill. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Jerry also gave a stadium tour at 10am for those who were interested.

It was very interesting and a real eye opener for those like me who have generally only experienced the concourse and seating part of the new stadium 

A shame the club don’t do the occasional legends tour. Other clubs do. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

How can I be a part of this great organisation. I'm 61 but a bit far for me to attend each month.