IGNORED

Is time up for football focus?

Never to the dark side

I haven't watched it for years, basically because it doesn't have anything of relevance for me. Plus I don't have a telly, and watch everything online. 

One person on Twitter/X, pointed out that it used to be part of Grandstand so felt included in the Saturday afternoon's sport programming, now it's sandwiched between other programmes, about houses or something, so now feels out of place in the schedule. 

I did used to like it as a football programme, I don't know how much it has changed since I last watched it. (Sadly around the time of Gary Speed's last appearance)

I've read that it is trying to be too inclusive (talking about women's issues in football, periods etc). Perhaps the BBC through cutting costs is trying to shoe horn every aspect of football into one show? Why can't there be a separate show for women's football? Made by women for women? I think they deserve their own show.

31 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Watched from early days (think I remember a bloke called Sam Leach presenting). Was always a fan until the 90s and it was beginning to look outdated. 

Sam Leitch was immense, Bob Wilson, etc too.

Haven’t watched it in years, mind you the same applies to Match of the Day & 99% of Premiership football.

Since we moved into a world of satellite television I struggle to see the point of it, you can see the goals & interviews with all these people elsewhere.

• Like 3

It's the Blue-Peter of sports shows. 

I have no idea who they are trying to entertain or inform with their magazine style content, but it says a lot that I would rather watch a Scottish lunchtime kick-off than Football Focus.

Maybe we have all been spoiled with the level of analysis you get from Sky, the content you can find online and clubs producing their own shows, but Football Focus isn't ticking any boxes for me.

It FF was a derby game, it would be Pebble Mill v The One Show.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's the Blue-Peter of sports shows. 

I have no idea who they are trying to entertain or inform with their magazine style content, but it says a lot that I would rather watch a Scottish lunchtime kick-off than Football Focus.

Maybe we have all been spoiled with the level of analysis you get from Sky, the content you can find online and clubs producing their own shows, but Football Focus isn't ticking any boxes for me.

It FF was a derby game, it would be Pebble Mill v The One Show.

Pebble mill ??what a blast from the past. 

32 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

They seemed to give up bothering to do any analysis and started reporting “football in the community” stories, I’m sure there’s audience for that but it wasn’t why viewers watched it.

Probably because they don’t really get any exclusive interviews or stories now.

As the guys say above you hear and see such things everywhere now.

Even the BBC’ put clips up on the net and of course it’s on the IPlayer so people can catch up if the want to .