IGNORED

Huge gap

redkev

I know it’s still very early but the 3 teams that went up Burnley Sheffield Utd Luton looking very ominous for them already .

Also 2 of the 3 that come down Leicester and now Leeds starting to flex there muscles in this league ( after watching Leicester yesterday and I said it before yesterday by the way don’t win this league I will be shocked ) so it just emphasises how huge a gap it is between us and the promised land .

on another note slightly worrying for everybody else in the prem arnt Man City meant to be slow starters played 6 won 6 

Newcastle currently tearing Sheffield Utd a new one 

It’s because it a cartel.

Next season these 3 will have circa £100m in parachute payments to buy the best players at our level.

Really excited too to find out if Manchester City win the league or Liverpool (who have spent £500m in Klopp’s time) do.

Really competitive stuff.

”Best league in the world”.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

This really could be a great opportunity for us with Luton and a Sheffield United pretty much nailed on for relegation. Leicester highly likely to go up, I’d expect Leeds to be up there too.

Next season will be one where there may not be any particularly big fish coming down and if so, likely to be just one out of the three.

That at a time where FFP permits us to spend following the Scott sale.

I just hope that the funds will be made available, it could be the best chance we’ve had in years.

Go through these results, the bottom 3 haven't really played many teams outside the top teams yet, Burnley have only played Forest outside those in Europe or Spurs/Chelsea etc and they got a point, they've also looked good against the likes of Utd while being cut open a bit they may not against the others. Sheffield Utd bar the 8-0 have had close games aginst a mixed range of opponents and Luton have also been close in scoreline outside their games with Brighton and Chelsea. Its too early to say how big the gap is. 

Burnley

(H) v Man City 0-3

(H) v Aston Villa 1-3

(H) v Tottenham 2-5

(A) v Forest 1-1

(H) v Man Utd 0-1

Sheffield Utd

(H) v Palace 0-1

(A) v Forest 2-1

(H) v Man City 1-2

(H) v Everton 2-2

(A) v Tottenham 2-1

(H) v Newcastle 0-8

Luton

(A) v Brighton 3-1

(A) v Chelsea 3-0

(H) v West Ham 1-2

(A) v Fulham 1-0

(H) v Wolves 1-1

• Like 2

Doesn't this add weight to the arguement that the premier league need to filter down more money or the gap will forever widen, which isn't good for the English game. 

I was surprised Sheff Utd went up. Every time I watched them they were average but just somehow managed to keep picking up wins. Like they did at Ashton Gate when we were by far the better team. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It was a game very poor in quality. Seemed like a league one game.

Coventry shouldn't be that poor after spending 25 million. 

That Wright looks an incredibly poor signing. 

Yes he was awful as were a few of their signings.  Robins will probably turn it around you would think and in Simms they have a very good striker.  As we know, selling your best players and trying to replace them is tough!

12 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Doesn't this add weight to the arguement that the premier league need to filter down more money or the gap will forever widen, which isn't good for the English game. 

I was surprised Sheff Utd went up. Every time I watched them they were average but just somehow managed to keep picking up wins. Like they did at Ashton Gate when we were by far the better team. 

The Premier League don't need to do that, the Championship clubs not in receipt of PP need it. So it won't be happening

Agree about Sheffield United, very ordinary.