IGNORED

Why are we so amateur?

W-S-M Seagull

2 hours ago, Bcfccity said:

For all fixtures this season the bars in the concourse have not used agency it’s a fact, especially for rugby when it’s has not been as busy. I would guess the short notice is from the agency and maybe for a different department. But I do agree with you a days notice is not good at all. I’ve worked there for 2 season and the bars I work in have not had agency since half way through last season.

How can the short notice be from the agency if they don't use agencies?

44 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Given the ticketing system failed last season in a cup game (Swansea) and the card system failed in hospitality Vs Preston, why am I not surprised nothing has been put in place should these issues reoccur.  

But what could go wrong with this?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some people have short memories 

We’ve come a long way over the past 10+years especially for a largely unprofitable & unsuccessful club, getting worked up about a few faults sounds a bit entitled.

It is only when the Premier League money comes rolling in can you expect the glossy faultless experience.

1 hour ago, Jeez said:

We’ve come a long way over the past 10+years especially for a largely unprofitable & unsuccessful club, getting worked up about a few faults sounds a bit entitled.

It is only when the Premier League money comes rolling in can you expect the glossy faultless experience.

Certain areas have gone backwards post Covid tbh. Some of that may not be able to be helped due to circs.

Certainly vs 10-15 years ago, there is a marked improvement in the big picture.

Still though:

A) A questionable ticketing system..

B) Cash free stadium even if it is a modern way.

C) An increasingly error prone PA announcer.

D) Food and drink, perhaps has done backwards.

E) A club without a CEO- by design!

F) A lesser spotted SLO (on here at least).

G) Robins TV failing on a partially regular basis.

Magnificent Seven, I think not.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jeez said:

People just want something in place to deal with or mitigate the problems and shortcomings. No one gets to the top by being second rate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeez said:

And some people just accept crap!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bcfccity said:

Guys I work in the bars , we get a months notice on shifts then a reminder a week before the match day.

we had an internet issue yesterday which stopped us processing sales.

ive seen posts about a plan B but no one here as suggested any, there is not a plan b when your cashless and have no internet.

the bars do not use agency all staff are local young people generally given there first opportunity working.

from what I saw yesterday the supporters behaved like animals shouting and swearing at staff and some people trying to jump over the bars to get a drink.

My son was able to go and buy something in the club store with no problems. Stoke had no issues with their stream where as we did. 

I was on the WiFi fine at half time. 

Sometimes things do happen, but it's the lack of a plan when these things occur which is annoying. As Internet was available at the stadium, the plan should have been to of switch to a different network. I'm no technical expert but at a touch of a button it should be able to be switched to a different network that was working. 

Ashton Gate is a multi million pound company. Its not up to us fans to tell them what a plan b should be. There should be plan a's, b's, c's etc etc. Its bloody basic and it's actually comical that our plan is to keep trying to take payments on a system that is down. 

Whilst certain behaviours are not acceptable, there are things that can and should be put in place which can help ease frustrations. Send someone around issuing 25% off vouchers, train staff to be apologetic etc. 

There was also these payment issues at the Preston game. Not as big but there were issues and almost 3 months later and the same issue happens on a wider scale. So we actually had a warning that it could go wrong and still we failed to put a robust plan in place. In any other organisation we'd see sackings over an issue like this. Not here tho. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull

50 minutes ago, frenchred said:

And some people just accept crap!

Or Merde in your part of the world, 

But for those of us who go to every  game, the match day experience is pretty good for a 2nd tier club.

On the pitch we’ve troubled the PL playoffs a grand total of once 

I think a bit of perspective is required

No doubt we have potential but so does almost every other club in our Div too

54 minutes ago, Jeez said:

But for those of us who go to every  game, the match day experience is pretty good for a 2nd tier club.

This is the attitude that I don't like. 

Is the match day by and large good? Yes. However there should always be an attitude of how can it be better. 

Just accepting all the crap because other things are good isn't a high performance attitude.

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

This is the attitude that I don't like. 

Is the match day by and large good? Yes. However there should always be an attitude of how can it be better. 

Just accepting all the crap because other things are good isn't a high performance attitude.

Apologies for being realistic.  But what gives you the divine right to expect better?

Its a loss making 2nd tier football stadium.

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

My son was able to go and buy something in the club store with no problems. Stoke had no issues with their stream where as we did. 

I was on the WiFi fine at half time. 

Sometimes things do happen, but it's the lack of a plan when these things occur which is annoying. As Internet was available at the stadium, the plan should have been to of switch to a different network. I'm no technical expert but at a touch of a button it should be able to be switched to a different network that was working. 

Ashton Gate is a multi million pound company. Its not up to us fans to tell them what a plan b should be. There should be plan a's, b's, c's etc etc. Its bloody basic and it's actually comical that our plan is to keep trying to take payments on a system that is down. 

Whilst certain behaviours are not acceptable, there are things that can and should be put in place which can help ease frustrations. Send someone around issuing 25% off vouchers, train staff to be apologetic etc. 

There was also these payment issues at the Preston game. Not as big but there were issues and almost 3 months later and the same issue happens on a wider scale. So we actually had a warning that it could go wrong and still we failed to put a robust plan in place. In any other organisation we'd see sackings over an issue like this. Not here tho. 

Stoke had no issues as streaming from Stoke, completely different server.

yes if your lucky enough that half time to get 4g / 5g to download bbc sport for results well done.

however running a stadium takes a lot more than 4g / 5g to operate robins tv, stadium internet , broadcasting , till payments , supporter internet.

but thanks anyway.

4 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Apologies for being realistic.  But what gives you the divine right to expect better?

The fact a stadium which is most closer to a real business than Football clubs is loss making is rather striking.

That aside, numerous flaws all outlined not least Downsy. If it aspires to be a superior or at kesleast st rising venue some of these issues need ironing out where possible.

It's gone downhill without doubt.

BCFCcity the young staff at the bar near S23ansS24 just had no idea what was happening, I tried to get 3 drinks at 3.35pm and I got moved 4 times before finally my payment went through.

The young girl kept apologing but I tried to reassure her that it wasn’t her fault, there were loads of young lads behind me and to be fair they were well mannered to the staff, so not all fans reacted in the way you described. It was without a doubt horrendous for those young staff to have to cope with situation and the club need to get this sorted.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

35 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Because some things do not come at a cost such as good communication. 

Expecting the match day announcer to do his job properly is a bit of a basic isn't it? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bcfccity said:

Stoke had no issues as streaming from Stoke, completely different server.

yes if your lucky enough that half time to get 4g / 5g to download bbc sport for results well done.

however running a stadium takes a lot more than 4g / 5g to operate robins tv, stadium internet , broadcasting , till payments , supporter internet.

but thanks anyway.

Isn't the camera feeds provided by very high speed fibre? 

I was on the stadium WiFi at half time. 

Yes it does but the point I'm making is we clearly had alternative networks available which we should have a system in place which we can switch to. 

The issue I have is that there was not a plan b and that is rather ridiculous.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeez said:

Nope crap is the word

I also attend every game and don't get the experience you relate to

Numerous petty things that are easy to resolve aren't 

10 hours ago, Jeez said:

5 hours ago, frenchred said:

Nope crap is the word

I also attend every game and don't get the experience you relate to

Numerous petty things that are easy to resolve aren't 

I think @frenchred hits the nail on the head here by noting we aren't asking for the moon.

Getting 20K+ people safely into a venue for a couple of hours or so isn't an easy thing, particularly when numerous punters are rather "refreshed" and numerous laws and league regulations have to be observed. Nobody is expecting second tier football to offer a luxury environment for £350+ a season. 

But lots of minor niggles never seem to be addressed.  Communication with fans is poor.

Be nice if some of the things @W-S-M Seagull lists did improve, because fans have been going on about them for years.

Obviously success on the pitch and entertainment is the priority, and the fanzone concept is pretty successful. Let's see if we can make the in-stadium experience better?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jeez said:

If they paid a little attention to detail it might not make such large losses. Have decent food, have a well stocked shop and have a plan B when the card machines are down. Can you imagine this level of apathy happening at a major venue (and remember that this is a multi purpose stadium and could have been hosting a gig from the mighty Take That with 90,000 punters). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

If they paid a little attention to detail it might not make such large losses. Have decent food, have a well stocked shop and have a plan B when the card machines are down. Can you imagine this level of apathy happening at a major venue (and remember that this is a multi purpose stadium and could have been hosting a gig from the mighty Take That with 90,000 punters). 

Spot on,the worrying thing is those simple things are not rocket science to sort out but it seems it’s beyond them 

On 01/10/2023 at 09:05, Bristol Rob said:

Can't blame the club for the problems with the tills, that would be down to the provider.

I would hazard a guess that the ask would be along the lines of '99.9% availability, with a robust failover capability', which with 24 hours in a day, the supplier could argue they have achieved.

The fact they don't have the ability to switch to a second provider could be seen as a problem, but on balance these things happen rarely and would it be reasonable to double the infrastructure costs for a problem that rarely occurs.

If they did, it would likely be a cost passed on to the consumer.

Also, it is possible that owing to speed/outage issues, a service credit is applied so it might have cost the club a minimal amount.

Unexpected item in Bagging area?