IGNORED

Rotherham game on live, on sky, on Weds.

5 hours ago, frenchred said:

Ever been to Newcastle, even spent a bit of time there? 

If you had you'd realise just how stupid and jealous your post sounds

Well your the one with the stupid post clever clogs , been there many times on football tours , stag nights and twice watching city ( again stayed the weekend ) work up there , it’s not a dig at the People of the north east but a dig at the press who wax lyrical about them , every team has hard core great supporters .

this maybe a bit before your time but kevin keegans first game in charge for them was against us when the beat us either 3 or 5 nil / 1 I know we got hammered the gate was 30,000 odd thousand the home game before that was 12,000 so all teams have there ups and downs , easy to be fanatical when your doing well . 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

On 02/10/2023 at 16:08, formerly known as ivan said:

Perfect game for Sky if you are a city fan. One of the furthest trips of the season on a Wednesday night, great chance for many who would not be able to go.

Newcastle/PSG that night as well, surely no contest for any neutrals out there as to which game to watch…

Newcastle gutted no doubt when we were chosen for live tv on the same night. 

25 minutes ago, pillred said:

Is there not a local pub where you could watch it? I always enjoy watching football in the company of like-minded fans and a few pints help as well.

Not where I live mate, village pub has recently closed and they wouldn’t know what football was anyway! 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, One Team said:

Not where I live mate, village pub has recently closed and they wouldn’t know what football was anyway! 

That's a shame, unbelievably the Star in Pill has just reopened very unusual but welcome for a pub to reopen once closed.

Edited by pillred
  • Like 1

On 03/10/2023 at 13:29, redkev said:

Well your the one with the stupid post clever clogs , been there many times on football tours , stag nights and twice watching city ( again stayed the weekend ) work up there , it’s not a dig at the People of the north east but a dig at the press who wax lyrical about them , every team has hard core great supporters .

this maybe a bit before your time but kevin keegans first game in charge for them was against us when the beat us either 3 or 5 nil / 1 I know we got hammered the gate was 30,000 odd thousand the home game before that was 12,000 so all teams have there ups and downs , easy to be fanatical when your doing well . 

It was 5-0* and we were lucky to get that. When they scored their first a  good proportion of the away enclosure were celebrating.

(*I think. It was a long time ago. We didn't score though)

Edited by Sleepy1968

28 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It was 5-0* and we were lucky to get that. When they scored their first a  good proportion of the away enclosure were celebrating.

(*I think. It was a long time ago. We didn't score though)

Keegan’s first game was the 3-0 defeat in Feb 1992. The 5-0 game was September 92.

Went to both and was unbelievable to see how much of a hero KK was to the geordies.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Keegan’s first game was the 3-0 defeat in Feb 1992. The 5-0 game was September 92.

Went to both and was unbelievable to see how much of a hero KK was to the geordies.

Thanks. Makes sense. I would have been at both as well  though for the life of don't remember seeing two league games there. I do remember going up for a league Cup game after we'd lost the home leg 5-1. I was dedicated back then 😀

14 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Yep, and what a crying shame?........that now it's MBS.

Edited by maxjak