IGNORED

Sam Bell

phantom

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You have to extend him at some point this season, or summer 24 he only has one year left.  Might as well be now…and you wanna get it done before January too, as you start to open yourself up to interest getting more serious, agents and even player getting itchy.

Need to do the same with Conway now.  Signed his deal similar time to Bell and his profile greater.

edit: congrats to Sam btw.  Needs to keep his upward trajectory

I'll be extremely surprised if Conway signs again unless he can't remain fit

He fully broke through last season, his mate has gone to the Prem and I am still expecting a 15 goal season ahead followed by a summer 2024 move

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Why wouldn't he be? Surely it makes sense to pin players with potential down so that if he does go on to attract bids, we are in the strongest negotiating position.

Yep it's great we will get value for money ,but pointless when it's not put back into the squad, it's steading the finances  for the sell of the Club.

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'll be extremely surprised if Conway signs again unless he can't remain fit

He fully broke through last season, his mate has gone to the Prem and I am still expecting a 15 goal season ahead followed by a summer 2024 move

But he signed before he’d broken through, so I suspect we will want to a contract in line with his standing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

Are the stats correct that he’s scored more than he did last season already? 

could hit 10+ this season

In the league (4 as opposed to 3) yes, but he got 3 goals in the cup last season too, so not overall yet.

For a side that appears to rely heavily on the front three for the majority of our goals, if he could get 10 & Sykes around 7 that would help a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

You have to extend him at some point this season, or summer 24 he only has one year left.  Might as well be now…and you wanna get it done before January too, as you start to open yourself up to interest getting more serious, agents and even player getting itchy.

Need to do the same with Conway now.  Signed his deal similar time to Bell and his profile greater.

Good player that Sam Bell😜

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Good player that Sam Bell😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Badge is almost turned 45 degrees on the shirt he’s wearing in the announcement video they’ve just put out. Looks so ******* amateur. 

Glad I wasn’t the only one that noticed this. First thing I saw!

52 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Surely the I won't call it upside but silver lining of selling Scott and getting as many key players here a possible is that we now no longer need sell for 2024-25 and maybe summed 2025 at minimum.

Conway and of course NP onto 3 year deals now please.

That would be superb 🤞

• Like 1

It does fill me with that little bit extra joy when homegrown, son of a popular former player, Sam Bell scores. I'd like to think that in 25 years time we'll be watching Sam's son break through into the team to make it three generations of Bell at City.

I do think, however that both Bell and Conway could move on in the not too distant future if they can keep scoring goals. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, mozo said:

It does fill me with that little bit extra joy when homegrown, son of a popular former player, Sam Bell scores. I'd like to think that in 25 years time we'll be watching Sam's son break through into the team to make it three generations of Bell at City.

I do think, however that both Bell and Conway could move on in the not too distant future if they can keep scoring goals. 

I think Bell and Conway are in the same basket as Pring and Vyner.. very good championship players but nowhere near good enough for the premier league. Unlike Alex Scott who clearly was good enough for the EPL why wouldn’t they sign their new contracts? TC for example could run his contract down and end up at somewhere like Coventry or even worse the SPL.. why would he? Their best chance of getting to the promised land is probably with us as long as we retain our manager.

22 minutes ago, FNQ said:

I think Bell and Conway are in the same basket as Pring and Vyner.. very good championship players but nowhere near good enough for the premier league. Unlike Alex Scott who clearly was good enough for the EPL why wouldn’t they sign their new contracts? TC for example could run his contract down and end up at somewhere like Coventry or even worse the SPL.. why would he? Their best chance of getting to the promised land is probably with us as long as we retain our manager.

I think any player in their early 20s that guarantees goals at Championship level is a valuable asset.

As you say, they're not Premier League ready right now, but ai could see a club going up (Ipswich for example), or coming down (Luton, Burnley, Sheffield Utd) fancying Bell or Conway.

I reckon we could list a fair few Championship level strikers that have played at least one season in the Prem if not more.

13 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I would have liked to see him give us two more years for the extra money.

As it is, no doubt he will be 2025s big income, with Conway being 2024s injury permitting 

Seems somehow inevitable doesn't it, if only we could break this cycle of having to sell our best players to the likes of Bournemouth or Burnley, Chicken and egg springs to mind, we don't get promotion so have to sell our best players and because we sell our best players of course we don't get promoted and so it all starts again.

Fair play to him.

Was one that I didn't think would breakthrough and thought his spells at wing back would shatter his confidence and belief as he looked truly lost. 

However, in a weird way and the same with Scott, long term it might actually have worked wonders for his development. Physically he looked small and even with his pace couldn't beat a man or got done by a winger, now he's able to run in behind and beat a man which he couldn't do before. Mentally, he would have learned what he needs to do at this level and rose from the challenge instead of shirking it, now he's established he hopefully has the belief he can keep improving.

He's made that Left Wing spot his own so far this season, huge credit to him along with the coaching and medical team to get him in this position. I know we say it a lot at the moment, but I don't think we will properly appreciate the talent crop we've just had until they're all gone, even with the best academy and coaching in the world you can't guarantee success or development. This pipeline isn't guaranteed forever so while enjoy it whilst we've got it, one thing I will add, if we get a reputation it will naturally increase our ability to get bigger fee's especially if Scott takes off this year. Look at Peterborough with strikers, it's just accepted you have to pay 3x their value just because it's Peterborough, but people still do it as there's this perception of success. If we can begin having that sort of impact in the market then that will help!

15 minutes ago, pillred said:

Seems somehow inevitable doesn't it, if only we could break this cycle of having to sell our best players to the likes of Bournemouth or Burnley, Chicken and egg springs to mind, we don't get promotion so have to sell our best players and because we sell our best players of course we don't get promoted and so it all starts again.

If we've got Palmer-Houlden and Yeboah banging the goals in by then I guess we can't complain too much, but it would be nice to have these players age 25 to 30.