IGNORED

Our strongest 11 when fit

Shauntaylor85

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

So:

1) a right back you’ve never seen play a competitive game for us

2) a guy who has played in defence all season in midfield 

3) no place for arguably our biggest attacking threat this season

4) a post that seems like a thinly veiled and not especially fair attack on our goalkeeper.

A player who clearly was going to be first choice. Weimann is still a quality player and needs to be in the 11, Kal is our best ball player and proved last season he was excellent in DCM. And yes, we need a new keeper IMO. 

13 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Keeper, need a new one, weakest we’ve been for years in this position. 

McCrorie, Vyner, Dickie, Pring

James, Knight, Naismith 

Weimann Conway Bell 

You do know 13 GC in 11 games if it carries on, is up there with the Webster and Kalas season as the best in years?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Does anyone seriously think MOL is good enough to be our number one keeper. If we had signed him from Rotherham or Oxford what would the reaction have been? I believe he gets a lot of leeway from being an academy player, one who has been given many opportunities. 

Never good enough.

Everyone knows it.

Said it 2 years ago and got slated then.

Because he came through the academy people can’t see it or won’t what is so ridiculously obvious.

We need a new keeper if we won’t to progress and get into the top 6.

Max would not get into any other team in the championship.

There are better keepers out there even if only on loan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Keeper, need a new one, weakest we’ve been for years in this position. 

McCrorie, Vyner, Dickie, Pring

James, Knight, Naismith 

Weimann Conway Bell 

I think Max is a decent keeper , and as we are very unlikely to spend millions on a new keeper will will not be getting an upgrade any time soon.

McCrorie , I hope he is the more experienced , dynamic , powerful FB we hoped we signed.
Vyner ,  one of the best players this year so ✔️
Dickie , I prefer a left footed left side CB so Naismith or Atkinson . Seeing as he's been decent lately and my MotM today I say just KN.
Pring ✔️
James ✔️
Knight, poor day today but ✔️
Williams, bit loose with his passing midweek, still one on the better players and Ok today ✔️
Sykes was poor today, but it showed how good he's been . If Weimann comes in to start I'd start him centrally .
Conway, ✔️ No brainer really, but I'd prefer to start him and Wells as a pair.
This is our weakest option IMO. I like Bell, but there is a long way to go for him. He's still ahead of AM though. Maybe Benarous ?

How I wish that Nige could get some of the riches spunked on Johnson. Just the money wasted on an Engval or Eisa.

27 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think Max is a decent keeper , and as we are very unlikely to spend millions on a new keeper will will not be getting an upgrade any time soon.

McCrorie , I hope he is the more experienced , dynamic , powerful FB we hoped we signed.
Vyner ,  one of the best players this year so ✔️
Dickie , I prefer a left footed left side CB so Naismith or Atkinson . Seeing as he's been decent lately and my MotM today I say just KN.
Pring ✔️
James ✔️
Knight, poor day today but ✔️
Williams, bit loose with his passing midweek, still one on the better players and Ok today ✔️
Sykes was poor today, but it showed how good he's been . If Weimann comes in to start I'd start him centrally .
Conway, ✔️ No brainer really, but I'd prefer to start him and Wells as a pair.
This is our weakest option IMO. I like Bell, but there is a long way to go for him. He's still ahead of AM though. Maybe Benarous ?

How I wish that Nige could get some of the riches spunked on Johnson. Just the money wasted on an Engval or Eisa.

Ashton wasted the money. 🙄 

2 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Does anyone seriously think MOL is good enough to be our number one keeper. If we had signed him from Rotherham or Oxford what would the reaction have been? I believe he gets a lot of leeway from being an academy player, one who has been given many opportunities. 

MOL is adequate for a championship club looking to finish mid-table, but he for me he has not demonstrated the qualities of a keeper that elevates a team beyond that level.

Let's take Basso for example. Erratic, injury prone, and couldn't kick to save his life. However, he saved the shots you expected him to save and then some which no keeper has any right to save. The trade-off was that occasionally he would make a blunder which would cost us a goal, but overall he won us more points than he lost us.

I tend to think Dan Bentley was the same. Not as good as Basso certainly, but he saved the majority of things you expect him to save and also some which you would never expect him to. Again, the trade off was the occasional error leading to a goal.

With MOL, he doesn't really make monumental blunders, and he does pull off the occasional wonder save... but he also concedes goals from seemingly saveable or routine positions. Goals that I feel a better quality of keeper saves.

Could it be due to a lack of competition? It is clear that Bajic is not seen as number one material. I relate our current goalkeeping situation to when Steve Phillips was the uncontested number 1 here under Danny Wilson and then Brian Tinnion. It's not right (for me) having a player who knows they are a certain name on the team sheet every week. You need competition to drive players to perform. 

Still, it could be worse. United's new keeper...

1 hour ago, Better Red said:

Never good enough.

Everyone knows it.

Said it 2 years ago and got slated then.

Because he came through the academy people can’t see it or won’t what is so ridiculously obvious.

We need a new keeper if we won’t to progress and get into the top 6.

Max would not get into any other team in the championship.

There are better keepers out there even if only on loan.

Well said! No other club in this league would. 

34 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

LJ said several times he signed off on every one. True or just saving face, he was manager when the money was wasted. 

I’m with you all the way mate. I was playing the role of the Johnson fans. 

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 2