IGNORED

Where is our SLO?

Mr Popodopolous

• Admin
7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

To be adding additional balance, SCAT would rather this place wasn't a channel for raising issues either and if you are wanting something added to their agenda (must fall under AOB, woe betide you if your topic would be an actual genuine agenda item), they would prefer it If you sent them a pigeon.

Absolute rubbish 

Jerry was superb with the lads team I help coach when he hosted 12 eight year old lads on the 23rd December off a stadium tour a couple of years back.

he kids were on a high what with no school and Christmas a couple of days away, he let them enjoy themselves playing hide and seak in the concourses etc whilst hosting the adults and kids when they have the odd question. 

We weren’t rushed and Jerry did this with humour and a smile on his face throughout whilst also talking with true honour and passion. 

Thanks again Jerry if you see this. 

Jerry simply has a mountain of work and is pretty much the only public facing employee of Bristol City (and probably Bristol Sport).

His workload is overwhelming and those of us who have ever had more work than time in our jobs will completely understand the deeper issues here.

Please be patient and give the fellow a break. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 14/10/2023 at 15:33, REDOXO said:

I certainly think if Jerry is on vacation (away from his every day duties) someone needs to step in as temporary SLO while this is the case. 

Jerry is a top bloke and I hope everything is ok with him! 

What? The club aren't going to pay for two SLO's are they! What can be so pressingly urgent that another of the club's employees can't deal with it whilst he is on leave for a couple of days? 

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, RedM said:

What? The club aren't going to pay for two SLO's are they! What can be so pressingly urgent that another of the club's employees can't deal with it whilst he is on leave for a couple of days? 

I think you May have mis construed-mid read what I said. Particularly as I am always extremely positive about Jerry!! Who has helped me out a lot lately. 

No one is suggesting BCFC should employ two SLOs, why would you even think I suggested that in the post!!!?

However other employees step into roles temporarily at every company in the world as you have more than implied! 

@phantom did speak to the club regarding the ongoing issues with Bctv video  which was helpful and dealt with and responded to

Perhaps you can explain why you responded to a seven day old nothing post with such vitriol?

• Like 2

On 14/10/2023 at 08:37, Bristol Rob said:

To be adding additional balance, SCAT would rather this place wasn't a channel for raising issues either and if you are wanting something added to their agenda (must fall under AOB, woe betide you if your topic would be an actual genuine agenda item), they would prefer it If you sent them a pigeon.

I’m still waiting for feedback on the things I was told would be raised on my behalf. Perhaps the reply is coming back by pigeon.

• Like 1

• Admin
11 hours ago, Henry said:

I’m still waiting for feedback on the things I was told would be raised on my behalf. Perhaps the reply is coming back by pigeon.

Hi @Henryand others that have raised other questions, the original meeting with the club which was supposed to happen last week was postponed by the SC&T because so many Bristol City / Bristol Sport employees were on leave that we felt it wouldn't have been in our (The supporters) interests to proceed, that meeting has been rearranged for 2pm on Tuesday 31st October. 

Your question has been submitted to the agenda with others from OTIB to be raised that day. 

I'm on leave now until Tuesday (24th) but I've got all the specific questions asked and who to respond to on my work laptop,so when the usual statement is released by the SC&T after the meeting I'll also tag individual responses in that thread. 

The query mentioned above was able to be raised with someone else who isn't on leave but with the growing problems with the service being provided around Robins TV it will also be raised at this upcoming meeting. 

For those who remember him Tommy from Sweden was on the recent SC&T monthly meeting and he raised and went into great detail about the issues him and his friends have been having

As a side issue, Tommy and the Swedish Bristol City Supporters Club branch are coming over on November 25th, but I'll leave the finer details for a future date 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Hi @Henryand others that have raised other questions, the original meeting with the club which was supposed to happen last week was postponed by the SC&T because so many Bristol City / Bristol Sport employees were on leave that we felt it wouldn't have been in our (The supporters) interests to proceed, that meeting has been rearranged for 2pm on Tuesday 31st October. 

Your question has been submitted to the agenda with others from OTIB to be raised that day. 

I'm on leave now until Tuesday (24th) but I've got all the specific questions asked and who to respond to on my work laptop,so when the usual statement is released by the SC&T after the meeting I'll also tag individual responses in that thread. 

The query mentioned above was able to be raised with someone else who isn't on leave but with the growing problems with the service being provided around Robins TV it will also be raised at this upcoming meeting. 

For those who remember him Tommy from Sweden was on the recent SC&T monthly meeting and he raised and went into great detail about the issues him and his friends have been having

As a side issue, Tommy and the Swedish Bristol City Supporters Club branch are coming over on November 25th, but I'll leave the finer details for a future date 

I miss Tommy. Totally barking, but funny.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Phantom thanks for this info and don't take this personally

We are already subjected to awful communication from the club the SC&T should be aiming to do better than them not match them!

We see on various forums and social media about upcoming meetings and where to put our questions etc etc, but why was it not communicated (to my knowledge) that the meeting was cancelled/postponed when people, I presume are waiting for answers?

The SC&T is not the highly thought of organisation we would like and what should be available as directed in the fan led review, simple things such as communication should not really be a problem with the media(s) available

The club already, in my view, only pay lip service to the organisation so everything should be done to include and inform as may fans as possible so the club know it cannot simply ride roughshod over us

In fairness to you at least you come on here and try to keep us informed, why others don't is anyone's guess

• Like 4

• Admin
51 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I miss Tommy. Totally barking, but funny.

I'd never seen or spoken to him before, he's totally not what I expected 

I hope to catch up with him on the 25th November 

Just now, frenchred said:

Phantom thanks for this info and don't take this personally

We are already subjected to awful communication from the club the SC&T should be aiming to do better than them not match them!

We see on various forums and social media about upcoming meetings and where to put our questions etc etc, but why was it not communicated (to my knowledge) that the meeting was cancelled/postponed when people, I presume are waiting for answers?

The SC&T is not the highly thought of organisation we would like and what should be available as directed in the fan led review, simple things such as communication should not really be a problem with the media(s) available

The club already, in my view, only pay lip service to the organisation so everything should be done to include and inform as may fans as possible so the club know it cannot simply ride roughshod over us

In fairness to you at least you come on here and try to keep us informed, why others don't is anyone's guess

Completely valid points, and I share your feelings

To be honest that was my original driving force to get involved with the SC&T but now I've recently been co-opted on the SC&T board 

In terms of OTIB I believe the problem was  there wasn't anyone with the time to be the link between the two, but I aim to personally look after this going forward 

I hold my hands up that a flippant comment in the past by me raised concerns about me taking all issues seriously, but I can assure everyone even if something doesn't impact me if it impacts another supporter I will definitely be raising the question for them 

I agree that comms is a massive problem with Bristol City / Sport, and the SC&T are restricted what we can report back depending on what we get back 

You are correct that it should have been cascaded the meeting was postponed and again I'll personally ensure things like that are communicated better in the future, but again it's a personal learning experience I appreciate any feedback 

It's a learning experience not only for the SC&T but the club has also gone through lots of staff turnover recently so we're definitely pushing for better comms and admittedly it's early days but the club already recognise mistakes made about kits, badges, electronic tickets etc so hopefully things will improve 

Apologies for the rushed reply just about to travel to London 

• Like 7
  • Robin 3

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'd never seen or spoken to him before, he's totally not what I expected 

I hope to catch up with him on the 25th November 

Completely valid points, and I share your feelings

To be honest that was my original driving force to get involved with the SC&T but now I've recently been co-opted on the SC&T board 

In terms of OTIB I believe the problem was  there wasn't anyone with the time to be the link between the two, but I aim to personally look after this going forward 

I hold my hands up that a flippant comment in the past by me raised concerns about me taking all issues seriously, but I can assure everyone even if something doesn't impact me if it impacts another supporter I will definitely be raising the question for them 

I agree that comms is a massive problem with Bristol City / Sport, and the SC&T are restricted what we can report back depending on what we get back 

You are correct that it should have been cascaded the meeting was postponed and again I'll personally ensure things like that are communicated better in the future, but again it's a personal learning experience I appreciate any feedback 

It's a learning experience not only for the SC&T but the club has also gone through lots of staff turnover recently so we're definitely pushing for better comms and admittedly it's early days but the club already recognise mistakes made about kits, badges, electronic tickets etc so hopefully things will improve 

Apologies for the rushed reply just about to travel to London 

Appreciate the reply and the points you raise

Thank you for your efforts

• Like 1
  • Robin 1