IGNORED

U21s vs Bournemouth (Away)

Tony Tootle

54 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

It’s nothing to do with being snowflakes, using your analogy if one firms bakers went out till 2.00am and another firms bakers went to bed at 9pm who do you think would be best prepared for their next shift at 5.00am?

Fact is all players would expect to be given a long rest period prior to playing, they would take on the correct food at the correct time to give them the best chance of giving their best physical performance as well as having taken on board whatever tactics the coaches had decided to employ.

It’s simply downs league standard to make the players travel so early, probably eat on the bus and play to the best of their physical capabilities, not snowflake territory, simply a professional attitude to get the best out of them.

Well, I say if you want to be successful in any job in my World you adjust your sleeping regime to fit with the demands of the job - whether that be on a temporary one-off basis or permanent. 

In the context of the 1:00pm kick off, I’m no scientist but someone with set a body rhythm and food/drink consumption cycle that aims for peak physical performance 7 hours after waking, as the case for a ‘normal’ 3:00 pm kick off, might just have an advantage over one that has just 4-5 hours to prepare as would have been the case with the Bournemouth players.

Loads of professional Clubs now travel on the day far greater distances than was involved today and their travel times would more than offset the fact we had an early kick off. 

Anyhow, I’ll leave it to our professional coaching staff to decide. Fair dues to them, having being a fierce critic of The Academy/Youth Player Development back in the day, rivalling that of Ashton Yate, they do now appear to be delivering - early start times, or not. 

3 hours ago, RedRock said:

Frankly - if they ‘don’t fancy it’ - they should **** off out the Club, the snowflakes. 

Maybe take them to a bakery at 5:00am in the morning to do a hard physical shift and then ask them whether getting up at 6:00 am to kick a football around the pitch for 90 minutes at 1:00 pm is a chore. 

Jesz, I hope Nige doesn’t hear about players ‘not fancying it’.

Firstly. It’s a job. Just so happens they kick a ball for a living. You never had a day when we weren’t quite on it? Or it didn’t go your way for whatever reason. Footballers are people. No more. No less. Everyone is built differently. It happens. Which leads me to my second point - you have clearly never kicked a ball at any sort of level to be coming out with backward shouts like comparing it to other jobs. But everyone is entitled to an opinion. To each their own 👍🏼

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hup said:

Firstly. It’s a job. Just so happens they kick a ball for a living. You never had a day when we weren’t quite on it? Or it didn’t go your way for whatever reason. Footballers are people. No more. No less. Everyone is built differently. It happens. Which leads me to my second point - you have clearly never kicked a ball at any sort of level to be coming out with backward shouts like comparing it to other jobs. But everyone is entitled to an opinion. To each their own 👍🏼

Only to County level, but not pro, which is why I prefer to leave pro-game preparation to the pros themselves and trust their judgement rather than people on a forum. 

BTW I was merely commenting on the possible reason for poor displays being players getting up at 6:00am, not them just having an ‘off day’.

Anyhow, have a good evening 👍

• Like 1