IGNORED

A Salutary Lesson

Silvio Dante

10 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I know a few Birmingham fans who weren’t over happy with Eustace saying the football was a hard, dour watch a lot of the time.

The few times I saw them I think they may have had a point but after escaping relegation for a few seasons you’d think they’d just be pleased to be challenging nearer the top.

Having said that the same supporters weren’t keen on Rooney taking over, maybe they just like a good moan.

They would get on, like a house on fire here!

22 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Exactly. I thought they were singing " Pie gel's fearsome wider sarnie" which I thought odd at the time.

For about 40 years I understood that the line in the Jam’s Eton Rifles was ‘what a clitoris you turned out to be’. Indeed, this became standard abuse among the 5th year boys at Churchill school. A couple of months ago, in conversation with a work colleague who went to Eton (yes, sadly, I have loads of these) it was pointed out to me that the word was ‘catalyst’. Who knew?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

For about 40 years I understood that the line in the Jam’s Eton Rifles was ‘what a clitoris you turned out to be’. Indeed, this became standard abuse among the 5th year boys at Churchill school. A couple of months ago, in conversation with a work colleague who went to Eton (yes, sadly, I have loads of these) it was pointed out to me that the word was ‘catalyst’. Who knew?

Eat Your Trifle!

14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

As this thread appears to have gone in a different direction, I’d draw attention to this website:

https://www.kissthisguy.com

Peter Kay on his new tour also does a great section on misheard lyrics, including my favourite from Jason Derulo where he’s got the shits…

Didn't realise he was so popular.

Imagine the reception if they hated him.

Only 2 games in for Rooney. Birmingham City aren't at Zola levels - yet.

Remember this? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39624187

Gianfranco Zola: Birmingham City manager resigns after four months

Gianfranco Zola has resigned as Birmingham City manager following Monday's home defeat by fellow Championship strugglers Burton Albion.

The 50-year-old Italian was in charge for just four months, during which time the team won only twice in 24 games.

Their 2-0 loss to Burton left them 20th in the Championship table, just three points above the relegation places with three games remaining.

"I sacked myself. I decided to give in my resignation," said Zola.

"I am sorry because I came to Birmingham with huge expectations. Unfortunately, the results have not been good and I take full responsibility.

"It is not that I like quitting, but Birmingham deserves better. If I feel I cannot help the players, why stay? If I cannot help the team, it is better I leave and let someone else do that.

"I feel very bad and very sorry. We worked with a lot of meaning, but unfortunately it didn't produce the results. It is all very disappointing."