IGNORED

Questions for Nigel maybe fans can answer?

BS2Boy

7 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

oh, why was Les banned? I quite liked him on the pod

Yes, I think on the pod he is much more balanced.

I believe he was banned because 1) he opened multiple accounts…but 2) also was a WUM.  I met him at AG once, seemed a nice fella…Why change persona when online.

• Thanks 1

On 28/10/2023 at 10:54, BS2Boy said:

Hi I am a long term observer and have signed up as I have some questions that fans may have the answer to, and it revolves around Pearson and some inconsistencies in his comments/approach.

Firstly, when we had Bentley and Max Pearson made it very clear that having 2 competing goalkeepers is essential as it keeps players on their toes and ensures they need to be at their best at all times. Since Bentley has gone (and understandable with his wages)Pearson has gone suspiciously quiet on this. To put it bluntly, why didn’t we sign another keeper to challenge Max? You could argue he should’ve done better for the Rotherham goal, the Piroe goal, and definitely the Broadhead goal on Wednesday. 3 mistakes from our last 4 goals. Why isn’t their competition? Why didn’t we strengthen in the summer, we went and signed Hayden Roberts who was never going to replace Pring, could the money have been spent better on a more urgent position….people can fill in at left back, they can’t in goal.

Secondly, Nigel has stated we have to use money wisely, so why did we offer Nahki Wells a new deal? Yes he works hard and has been a good servant but he has never been a consistent goalscorer for us. The reasoning I heard was that he is a good role model and support for our young players - isn’t that the job of Jason Euell? 
Is it due to being tight and not having the money to sign someone? Surely that can’t be the case as while he took a cut he would still be one of the highest paid players in the club, does he merit it? Did we jump the gun? His record since signing the new deal has been poor.

Thirdly, how much money did we make from the Semenyo and Scott deals have how much have we reinvested? I have no idea so would be interested to know the numbers, I’m assuming a big healthy profit?

Others have answered your points but on the goalkeeper one it is not right to say Pearson has gone quiet in this. On the contrary he has been very honest in press conferences that due to budget constraints getting another number 1 or 2 goalkeeper has been lower down the priority list.