IGNORED

Gareth Ainsworth

Chrizzler

QPR are delighted to announce the appointment of Martí Cifuentes as the club’s new head coach.

The 41-year-old Spaniard arrives from Swedish top-flight side Hammarby, where he has been for the past two years.

QPR CEO Lee Hoos said: “We are delighted to bring Martí in and I would firstly like to thank Hammarby for being fantastic to deal with throughout the process

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/october/30/marti-cifuentes-appointed/

Warnock still available then, would be nice.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

I mean we sacked a man who lost 2-0 to a team in 5th and was missing half his squad and had the backing off the b fans despite that. 

Birmingham in turn sacked a guy who has won a localish derby v West Brom 3-1 and were 6th or close to, for a "big name". 

Some shocking owners around, sadly I didn't think we usually made senseless sackings but we appear to have joined such clubs. (Thinking more us and Birmingham).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

QPR are delighted to announce the appointment of Martí Cifuentes as the club’s new head coach.

The 41-year-old Spaniard arrives from Swedish top-flight side Hammarby, where he has been for the past two years.

QPR CEO Lee Hoos said: “We are delighted to bring Martí in and I would firstly like to thank Hammarby for being fantastic to deal with throughout the process

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/october/30/marti-cifuentes-appointed/

Warnock still available then, would be nice.

Right on Eddie!!

• Haha 1

On 29/10/2023 at 20:48, 42104RED said:

No thanks on Ainsworth:

That's an out take from 'The Day Today' surely? Like the 'releasing a pig into the office environment' sketch :)

Actually Ainsworth is a good bloke but should have stayed at Wycombe where he did a brilliant job. I loved the fighting spirit they showed in that one season in the Championship. We deserved to go down more than they did that year.

The Gas could do worse than him but don't tell them.

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Birmingham in turn sacked a guy who has won a localish derby v West Brom 3-1 and were 6th or close to, for a "big name". 

Some shocking owners around, sadly I didn't think we usually made senseless sackings but we appear to have joined such clubs. (Thinking more us and Birmingham).

The Pearson sacking is harsh obviously but I don’t think it’s half as bad as that Birmingham decision. One thing you have to remember, Pearson was one of two managers to have lasted 2 years before he was sacked THAT speaks volumes on how impatient owners are in the second tier