IGNORED

Interesting post / stats - is it correct?

phantom

The Williams Stand was demolished eight years ago, rather than nine.

The lowest league average attendance during the past 20 years is 11,391 in 2004-05.

The highest league average attendance during the past 20 years is 21,080 in 2018-19.

That's less than a 100% increase - and I've tried to do him a favour by picking the absolute extreme numbers too.

Apart from that, he's bang on.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The key thing there is the name of the stand - the Williams stand. Named after a chairman who took charge during dark times, was at the tiller as we recovered and was part of a team where everyone worked together - things like TC driving to Darlington to pick Walshie up. We had bugger all money for a while but the club was together.

The stand, known as the grandstand previously, was renamed after Des.

I look forward to its rightful name being restored.

• Like 3

Cherry picking our higher recent average , around 21k, you have to go back to 2000 and 9k to make that work.

Probably trying to take out minds off of Nige's sacking. 

I wonder what will pop up next, have we won a community award they can announce ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

The lowest league average attendance during the past 20 years is 11,391 in 2004-05.

The highest league average attendance during the past 20 years is 21,080 in 2018-19.

That's less than a 100% increase - and I've tried to do him a favour by picking the absolute extreme numbers too.

We're at 22,455 so far this year to be fair, so there's a higher extreme available to him. But that's still a 97% increase - very odd Tweet.

Current average is 22,455.

He's probably using that figure as the higher end, but I don't know what figure he's using for the lower end average.

Or is he using aggregate figures rather than average (although he says average) ?

Doesn't mean a lot without the figures behind it.

8 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

We're at 22,455 so far this year to be fair, so there's a higher extreme available to him. But that's still a 97% increase - very odd Tweet.

Ah - yeah, the chart I was looking at missed off the most recent game! So, still incorrect, but not *quite* as bad as I said.

Maybe he's going all the way back to the late 80s when the average attendances were below 10,000. Would seem legit and the obvious comparison... 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Look mate he's only Managing Director of Mashatu Investments, Director of Global Property Investments for Pula Limited, CEO of Ashton Gate, and Director of La Grande Mare Hotel and golf course.

You can't expect him to know how something like dates and numbers/percentages work.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Current average is 22,455.

He's probably using that figure as the higher end, but I don't know what figure he's using for the lower end average.

Or is he using aggregate figures rather than average (although he says average) ?

Doesn't mean a lot without the figures behind it.

I'm thinking he is using the covid year. But even then an increase of infinity percent has not been properly calculated. I think what he is actually trying to say is a 20% increase or 120% of what it was. It's just that his mathematics is crap.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

I'm thinking he is using the covid year. But even then an increase of infinity percent has not been properly calculated. I think what he is actually trying to say is a 20% increase or 120% of what it was. It's just that his mathematics is crap.

To be fair to him, the attendances were definitely significantly down then.

Probably down to Pearson, sack him!

This is just more spin.