IGNORED

Team for Saturday

Zuni

6 hours ago, italian dave said:

Agree about Mehmeti at Cardiff. But he played the best part of his game there much more centrally. Not sure how you fit that into a side with more players available but I wouldn’t mind seeing him have a run of games there. 

Totally agree , and if James & Naismith aren't ready to start I'd happily go that way, with TGH & Knight playing slightly deeper.

That central role may suit him better, thought it was easily his best performance for us. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Totally agree , and if James & Naismith aren't ready to start I'd happily go that way, with TGH & Knight playing slightly deeper.

That central role may suit him better, thought it was easily his best performance for us. 

Thought James was out for a month?

16 hours ago, Zuni said:

If Tanner and Naismith are fit to start -

MOL

Tanner     Vyner     Dickie     Pring

TGH      Knight     Naismith

Sykes     Weimann     Bell

MOL

Sykes     Cornick     Conway

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

16 hours ago, Zuni said:

And that is what they are trying to change if I heard them correctly. Philosophy and formation first and finding players to suit. Academy playing the same way etc. Swansea(alike).

I thought Jon left football matters to those more qualified than him and based on his shite stint at being a manager perhaps Tinnion would be better off keeping his snout out of the trough too…….

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s kinda why I half-laugh whenever I hear the terms:

-forward thinking / attacking football

-front foot

-high press

-etc

usually with:

-modern manager

Do you think we played this style of football and our previous  manager was of the  modern type ? ?

Edited by shelts
Wrong

If both Vyner and Naismith are available it'll be interesting which one gets the nod as I can't see Dickie being dropped.

I'd play Naismith with Dickie personally but would have no issue with it being Vyner and Dickie.

If Tanner is back, that'll give us balance which we've been missing and frees up Sykes.

I think Conway needs this game to get going again and Mehmeti also needs the game.

Not sure if King is stepping back so Weimann in, but would prefer King tbh.

so to start;

Max

Tanner  Dickie  Naismith  Pring

TGH  Weimann  Knight  

Sykes  Conway  Mehmeti

18 hours ago, Zuni said:

MOL

GH    Naismith

Knight

Sykes     Conway     Yaboah

Depending on fitness that's how I'd go I think, Naismith I like a lot more in midfield, and I fancy seeing what young Ephrem has to show at the start of the game.

22 hours ago, Davefevs said:

From what Tinnion said, I honestly don’t think he was coming up with much different to what we were trying to do. You put Alex Scott in our team this season it’s hugely different. Players make systems, not the other way around (generally speaking).

Alex Scott was in the team for the last two seasons finished 17th and 14th currently 15th not too much difference.

6 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

MOL

Sykes     Cornick     Conway

I hope Max doesnt go wandering like this tomorrow!! I know his distribution is sh1te but basically letting Wednesday have a free shot is a bit much. 😂

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Alex Scott was in the team for the last two seasons finished 17th and 14th currently 15th not too much difference.

He was abour to push through inna big qay injury permitting had he stayed this year, this season, he would have made a huge difference.

Passing, movement, ability to carry- free kicks being won in either half at key times..important away from home especially at sides such as Leicester and to a lesser extent Leeds.

Without him the midfield lacks that bit of sparkle, craft.

He would have a better side and more solid base around him with a less emergency cost cutting mode too- it all feeds in.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

On 02/11/2023 at 21:20, 1960maaan said:

That's what annoys me the most with Tinnions "tow the party line" video.

It was basically repeating everything Nige set up and aimed for. 

I'd be tempted to play Mehmeti , definitely worth a start and I was impressed with him at Cardiff. 
I do agree that Bell has been off lately, I like his pace and willingness to go outside the FB but a rest may help. 

Probably go.

O'Leary

Tanner - Vyner - Dickie - Pring

James

TGH - Knight
Sykes ------------------ Mehmeti

Conway 

Yes makes sense. But does it not really come down to how fit the back from injury players are ? Got to be well carefull with not expecting too much from them