IGNORED

Just when you think you've seen it all

phantom

Bloody satnav innit?

The PA news agency understands the coach took the wrong exit off the M25 and, when realised, it was too late to make the 12pm kick-off time.

Reports suggesting the team travelled to Bournemouth instead are wide of the mark.
Jack Wilshere’s side, seventh in the Premier League Under-18 south table, were forced to postpone the game which will now be played at a later date.

3 hours ago, chinapig said:

Bloody satnav innit?

The PA news agency understands the coach took the wrong exit off the M25 and, when realised, it was too late to make the 12pm kick-off time.

Reports suggesting the team travelled to Bournemouth instead are wide of the mark.
Jack Wilshere’s side, seventh in the Premier League Under-18 south table, were forced to postpone the game which will now be played at a later date.

Calling BS on this, just had a look and it adds an hour to the journey to get further round to the junction you'd come off to go to Bournemouth and back down the M25. Arsenal would have planned to arrive more than an hour before kick off. Brighton more than likely would have also been willing to delay kick off by an hour to play the game. 

My kids catch the wrong train all the time. If the phone/ Trainline says it’s platform 3, then it’s platform 3, even though the station board/announcer and their basic sense of direction tells them that that train is going south ( to London) and not north (to home). I’m on first name terms with some of the ticket guys, as I try to explain over the phone why they don’t have the right ticket for the journey they’re inadvertently taking.

16 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Lansdown at the wheel?

Which one? Since neither one of them has a clue where they’re headed, it could have been either.

(Actually, on second thoughts, I think we can safely conclude it was neither. If the Lansdowns were driving, they’d have been up Shit Creek*, not Bournemouth.)

*Without a paddle, naturally.

Edited by CliftonCliff
  • Like 1