IGNORED

A Fond Farewell

Silvio Dante

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Now Liam Manning is appointed, and I join the chorus in wishing him to be a great success, I’d like to take a moment to wish “adieu” to our recent army of Bristol Sport bots.

Hopefully, Liam is a roaring success and we won’t see you again but if things go wrong, I look forward to welcoming you all back in six months time. 

Safe travels and take care.

I’d love it, love it, if the mods/admin would reveal some of the names!

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Now Liam Manning is appointed, and I join the chorus in wishing him to be a great success, I’d like to take a moment to wish “adieu” to our recent army of Bristol Sport bots.

Hopefully, Liam is a roaring success and we won’t see you again but if things go wrong, I look forward to welcoming you all back in six months time. 

Well said mate.

Up the City, not that any of them are interested.

C.U.N.T.S. all.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Care to share some "names"? Not been following all of this so closely.

4 minutes ago, The Coach said:

So what was their purpose? 

To support the clubs decision to sack Pearson?

Little more subtle than that IMO, if we take it on face value that they are clearly Bristol Sport.

To try to swing opinion and or perhaps even to try and swing opinion so that those who look in- media, fans of other clubs, football people- get a view that the decision was a bit less widely split than it was.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Little more subtle than that IMO, if we take it on face value that they are clearly Bristol Sport.

To try to swing opinion and or perhaps even to try and swing opinion so that those who look in- media, fans of other clubs, football people- get a view that the decision was a bit less widely split than it was.

To be honest, I suspect the fan base was quite split and that many who are either on the fence regarding NP's dismissal (my own position) or those perfectly happy he's gone (many of my mates, not all, but many) are just not so vocal about it as those unhappy about it. Certainly within my group of city supporting friends we've had some interesting discussions just that only 1  of us is on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, A Darkwood Red said:

To be honest, I suspect the fan base was quite split and that many who are either on the fence regarding NP's dismissal (my own position) or those perfectly happy he's gone (many of my mates, not all, but many) are just not so vocal about it as those unhappy about it. Certainly within my group of city supporting friends we've had some interesting discussions just that only 1  of us is on here.

Perhaps. The overwhelming evidence across here and social media more widely was more negative than positive though IMO.

We have a decent cross section on here by age range etc.

I don't remember chanting for a freshly sacked manager albeit towards the end of the game, ever. Until Saturday.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps. The overwhelming evidence across here and social media more widely was more negative than positive though IMO.

I don't remember chanting for a freshly sacked manager albeit towards the end of the game, ever. Until Saturday.

True, but for example as a bunch of 45 to 55 year olds, very few of us have any social media presence. Old school or stuff to hide 😆.

From our seats in what was B block the chanting only seemed to come from S82 and a few of the newer ones in A block, I might be wrong but that's how it sounded. And there definitely some shouts of Shut The **** Up from around me when it started. Not many but a few from more than one person. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, A Darkwood Red said:

True, but for example as a bunch of 45 to 55 year olds, very few of us have any social media presence. Old school or stuff to hide 😆.

From our seats in what was B block the chanting only seemed to come from S82 and a few of the newer ones in A block, I might be wrong but that's how it sounded. And there definitely some shouts of Shut The **** Up from around me when it started. Not many but a few from more than one person. 

Fair, maybe online exaggerated the margins but at the same time, I still think less were happy than unhappy but short of a poll of all fans who are ST holders or who attend more often than not we'll never know for sure.

Was middle of Dolman, people certainly joined in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fair, maybe online exaggerated the margins but at the same time, I still think less were happy than unhappy but short of a poll of all fans who are ST holders or who attend more often than not we'll never know for sure.

I would say of the people who were actively bothered either way the significant majority were angry at the decision, but I would say the vast majority are indifferent. 

I would say that the Pearson chanting from where I was in S24 was enough to be heard without really taking off so to speak. 

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes- loads walked out before the match finished.

1 hour ago, Jimmo said:

Pathetic how fragile this football club is to criticism. Noticed comments during the live press conference quickly getting deleted, and they didn't even include any big bad "naughty" words. 

I mean, it doesn't really surprise me that much as a lot of clubs in the modern game will look to control that narrative, prohibitive about stuff stayjng in house, unified and controlled message etc.

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's quite difficult to put an alternative point of view in the face of the absolute outrage and negativity that has been displayed on this forum. Especially when anyone daring to do so was immediately dismissed as a "sheep" or "lickspittle" and worse. The incredibly muted "protest" at Ashton Gate seemed to be far more reflective of the fanbase overall. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Judging by the support Nigel had on here, there needed to be a ‘Rovers home attendance’ amount of Bristol Sport representatives on here. At least.