IGNORED

Blackpool.

pillred

Are intending to buy ALL 182 terrace houses in a street to enable them to expand their ground, there will be compulsory purchase orders against those that refuse to sell could that possibly happen with us? seems unlikely. Families fear being kicked out of their homes as Blackpool football club plans to buy entire street of 182 properties to build a new stand (msn.com)

Edited by pillred

5 minutes ago, pillred said:

Are intending to buy ALL 182 terrace houses in a street to enable them to expand their ground, there will be compulsory purchase orders against those that refuse to sell could that possibly happen with us? seems unlikely.

Why T F would they want to increase their capacity, perfectly adequate as it is .

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, pillred said:

Are intending to buy ALL 182 terrace houses in a street to enable them to expand their ground, there will be compulsory purchase orders against those that refuse to sell could that possibly happen with us? seems unlikely.

I’d be surprised if it happens. If there is a compulsory purchase order wouldn’t be surprised to see that go to Judicial Review and eventually get overturned. 

• Like 4

Just to expand compulsory purchase orders should be for significant projects in the public interest. You’re really talking mass infrastructure projects or perhaps you could think something like an arena, not a new stand for a football club, in league one, that doesn’t need the space. And for that reason, I also don’t think it’s likely to happen for us … notwithstanding it would be Bristol City Council who would be responsible for issuing it, so that ain’t gonna happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Coin-op said:

Is there any reason that City haven't gradually bought all the houses behind the Atyeo over the years?

I think because realistically we don’t need to. Sure if we made the premier league next year every game would be nigh on a sell out, but if we were lucky enough to stay and get established, Bristol apathy would kick in and I doubt a game against palace, Fulham, Burnley, sheff Utd etc would sell out. And also with the way the ground is set up, realistically it’s to house away fans. Again away support would dry up before long.

I can see the benefit in a new stand facility wise, but capacity wise I don’t think it makes sense for a long, long time. Much past this owner’s sell by date at least.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Coin-op said:

Is there any reason that City haven't gradually bought all the houses behind the Atyeo over the years?

Because the owners decided to let Ashton and Johnson waste millions on clubs in the bag ,imagine that terrace was a fraction of the money squandered during that period .

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 38MC said:

I think because realistically we don’t need to. Sure if we made the premier league next year every game would be nigh on a sell out, but if we were lucky enough to stay and get established, Bristol apathy would kick in and I doubt a game against palace, Fulham, Burnley, sheff Utd etc would sell out. And also with the way the ground is set up, realistically it’s to house away fans. Again away support would dry up before long.

I can see the benefit in a new stand facility wise, but capacity wise I don’t think it makes sense for a long, long time. Much past this owner’s sell by date at least.  

Dunno what you're on about. We are aaveraging 22k in the Champ despite being stuck here for years

26k tickets would go every single game in the Prem without any doubt whatsoever 

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

Dunno what you're on about. We are aaveraging 22k in the Champ despite being stuck here for years

I completely agree with you; initially. I think it would tail off after a while though, and if we want to get established and stay in the Premier League the investment needed ain’t in this stadium, it’s the in the squad. Unless we’re bought out by the Middle East when money doesn’t matter 

For years all sorts rumours abounded about SL wanting to buy all the houses behind Atyeo stand. Already owned so many, some owners holding out refusing to sell etc etc etc

At a senior reds lunch he was asked a direct question re this subject  and to summarise, he  said it was fiction.  They can fill in corners if needs but no plans to do so. 

• Robin 1

It's not just the added seats that a new Atyeo would bring, its the extra corporate space that the club could potentially rake in from more hospitality boxes (personally don't think the amount we have right now in the Lansdown is enough for demand) and the extra conference space a new stand would bring.

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 3

We could easily fill corners in and add additional corporate boxes to corner between dolman and Atyeo (similar to what Burnley have done) and still allow emergency services access, we could also fill old players tunnels in Atyeo, aswell rejig stand where it diminishes towards lansdown end it would certainly improve aesthetics and atmosphere imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

I think the demand for tickets if we ever got to the Premier League would be phenomenal . The potential catchment area is huge 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ziderarmy said:

Don’t we (city) own the end house? One nearest the Lansdown side. I’m sure it has city info in the window? 

This one -

IMG_9536.png

Yes. Pre rebuild it was the scouts room. 
Any visiting scouts would report here, grab a cup of tea and chew the fat with other visiting scouts. 

2 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

I think the demand for tickets if we ever got to the Premier League would be phenomenal . The potential catchment area is huge 

But the cash from Sky would be worth more.

The only real value would be in a similar number of seats, and a shit tonne of exec boxes they can flog to day trippers and egg chaser.

• Flames 1