IGNORED

Came across this..

Mr Popodopolous

7 hours ago, Mayes86 said:

The WBA game in Feb 99 was another huge blow to our survival, two bad injuries to key players in Bell and Testetimanu (both leg breaks iirc) and then to add insult to the injuries they equalised in something like the 98th min for a 2-2 draw.

I was 13 at the time in that stand and I haven’t liked WBA since and still haven’t seen us win up there.

I remember getting the coach to that game (I don't know why either), got there so early they hadn't even opened the turnstiles, coach parked up miles away, so we stood there and got p*ss wet through before we even got in the ground. 

11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just over 25 years as we know, Ward left and a new manager came in. Maybe a week or so more in it. Came across this.

For those who are interested, little feature on Benny ahead of and with little bits of footage from the Grimsby game April 1999.

What Davidson said was interesting about the start he might need to win fans over!

Still with us at 80 bless him loved the fact we had a little exchange program going for a while after he left.