IGNORED

Luke Ayling

I recall he had that much publicised Cheltenham races incident which didn't go down too well with our owners. We also had Mark Little at RB and Flint at CB, Korey, Wade & Marlon in midfield. Everyone knew he was a good player but nobody could decide on his best position. He's also a big Leeds fan so it suited all parties apart from the fee. That story is a little slanted and rose tinted. 

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

But he didn’t, no one chucked piss at members of public ,  and he had no active part in any of it

Other than that pretty accurate

Do let us know what really happened then Luke, because I’ve heard four different and differing accounts and the only consistency across three of them was that LA was pouring liquid of the balcony. 

IMHO L.A. is a player who would fit in very well into our squad today. A player with bags of energy but lacking in technical ability. 
When he attacked no one knew where he was going , least of all Luke, which added to his efficiency because he was unplayable.

He has done brilliantly for himself like another of his ilk , Bradley Orr. 

Edited by Major Isewater
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Wasn’t it Jake Forster-Caskey or Samir Carruthers who poured the piss over the balcony?  And am I right that it wasn’t over anybody either?

Ayling was just there, as was Pack.  But didn’t do anything wrong.

Carruthers 

James Collins also urinated in a glass 

And Police confirmed that those involved were in a box low down and the urine was poured into a grass area where there were no public 

Ayling was guilty of being present and laughing , I assume in a slightly intoxicated state

Not a great look but as I believe , one of our better players , and one who’s proved what he can do at Leeds , if he was binned for that we need our heads examining , well we needed them examining in any case for a farcical sale at a farcical fee

Personally I believe Cheltenham was a smokescreen invented by some to explain the ridiculous offload when the reality is , as LJ admitted , he’d told LA that he would be struggling for game time and clearly thought he could source better , or had done with Adam Matthews

Ayling is one of my favourite footballers to watch in recent years , always looking to be positive , drive forward and make things happen 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 21/11/2023 at 08:53, Major Isewater said:

IMHO L.A. is a player who would fit in very well into our squad today. A player with bags of energy but lacking in technical ability. 
When he attacked no one knew where he was going , least of all Luke, which added to his efficiency because he was unplayable.

He has done brilliantly for himself like another of his ilk , Bradley Orr. 

I think Luke Ayling is quite a bit ahead of Bradley Orr if we’re talking technical ability.

This isn’t me saying Orr was bad technically either, he was one of my favourite players ever & a real 100%er, gutted when he left us. 

I am really surprised you see Ayling that way. I thought he was very good on the ball & wouldn’t have lasted as long in PL if he wasn’t. 

Edited by Carey 6
  • Like 2